“Relaxing - comfortable”
Review of Tatewari Spa

Tatewari Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: For pleasure and indulgence, we invite our guests on a journey of luxury, relaxation and rejuvenation with a wide range of exotic, traditional and luxurious services including our signature Tatewari ritual. A rich tradition of the Vallarta region’s Huichole people, the spa’s unique Tatewari ritual provides a complete indulgence of body, soul and mind. For centuries, hidden away from the modern world and protected by the natural barrier of the mountains, the Huicholes performed this ceremony to heal the Earth and keep nature balanced. Today, the healing tradition lives on in practice and philosophy at this facility.
Reviewed 27 June 2017

The folks at the spa really helped my partner and I relax. They went over all options to ensure we got exactly what we wanted and needed. Maribel had magic hands, and Liz (an assistant) went above and beyond to ensure my comfort as a first time guest at any spa. Thank you!

1  Thank dbagamary
in 5 reviews
"hot stone massage"
"mani pedi"
in 4 reviews
"villa del palmar flamingos"
"minute massage"
"cold towel"
"amazing massage"
"swedish massage"

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

The spa is amazing. The men's water treatment and locker room area is high end. The attendants are exceptionally helpful and professional. The spa offers a pretty extensive collection of treatments. My wife and I chose the Tatewari Package which included a body scrub, hot stone massage, and facial. They put us in a treatment room together with two technicians. It was amazingly relaxing.

I had gotten sunburn the day before on my legs. The technician was very careful to not use the same "Scrub" technique on those areas. During the hot stone massage, the just used her hands and this AMAZING seaweed ointment to soothe the burn. The next day my wife had a mani-pedi and I had the Gentlemen's pedicure.

You MUST indulge if you are at the resort. It's worth it to treat yourself. The pricing is in line with other resorts where we have stayed.

1  Thank Randall W
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Juanita (receptionist), Jennifer (hydrotherapy assistant), and Maribel (massage therapist) were totally awesome. I can't say enough of how wonderful the whole experience was. It made the entire stay at the resort worth it.

1  Thank Elaine K
Reviewed 1 June 2017

I ALWAYS make a trip to this spa. It is the most relaxing place on the property. Love it and plan on going again

1  Thank No1tazfan
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Great products for sale in lobby. Staff is welcoming. Wide selection of spa treatments. I had a Swedish massage. Pressure was perfect. Lighting, music and aromas set a perfect tone. Spa general area is nice for lounging with chamomile or hibiscus hot teas as well as cold waters available. I liked the hibiscus water. I enjoyed the jacuzzi, the rain shower, the waterfall shower. Also have steam room, sauna and ice bath. Beautiful flower petals arrangements. Excellent women's locker area. Great serene 1/2 day.

2  Thank thumperslady