“Luxury Treatments”
Review of Tatewari Spa

Tatewari Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: For pleasure and indulgence, we invite our guests on a journey of luxury, relaxation and rejuvenation with a wide range of exotic, traditional and luxurious services including our signature Tatewari ritual. A rich tradition of the Vallarta region’s Huichole people, the spa’s unique Tatewari ritual provides a complete indulgence of body, soul and mind. For centuries, hidden away from the modern world and protected by the natural barrier of the mountains, the Huicholes performed this ceremony to heal the Earth and keep nature balanced. Today, the healing tradition lives on in practice and philosophy at this facility.
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We are staying at Villa Del Palmar flamingos with the All-Inclusive package and were pleasantly surprised to find out all members of our party had one day access to the wet areas of the spa. My mother and I received two complimentary Swedish massages upon check in and were very excited. You have to book a reservation in advance but they are very accommodating with the schedule.

We arrived, signed forms to inform/explain any medical issues and were welcomed by Gabriela, our valet. She provided our locker keys and offered drinks of hot tea, chlorophyll water, or iced hibiscus tea. The locker contained a towel, robe, and a plastic bag for wet swimsuits. Swimsuits are mandatory when using the wet areas.

She also explained that we had freedom to use the wet areas (sauna, steam, cold plunge pool, hydrotherapy pool, waterfall shower, pressure shower, and loungers). But our massage therapists were ready so we went ahead without doing so. Nubia was my therapist and my mother had Rosa. Nubia was very kind and soothing. She explained what a Swedish massage entailed and asked if there was any area that she should pay attention to and I told her my lower back was giving me problems. During the massage, she worked on two knots in my lower back and I immediately felt looser. Miracle hands haha. She also found knots in my neck and shoulders I didn't even know I had and worked them out. There were great smells of essential oils throughout and I easily fell asleep eventually. Nubia ended the session and gave me a warm cup of hibiscus tea and suggested I do the hydrotherapy circuit in the wet areas. We loved our experience so much that we purchased a facial for later in the afternoon.

It began similarly except now my mother and I were able to do the hydrotherapy circuit in the wet areas. Gabriela was very attentive and as soon as we finished with the pools, she brought heated neck pillow and cucumbers for our eyes along with a cold towel for our faces while we waitedto be called for our facials. The cold plunge pool was refreshing and enjoyed the sauna. I had Maralinda as a facialist. She took the time to show me all of the products she was going to use and explained what it was and let me smell them. She asked how I was enjoying myself every few minutes and the facial also included a neck, chest, arms, and head massage so those areas got a second massage for the day which is more than fine by me. Afterwards, she offered a 3 piece regimen of cleanser, mask, and moisturizer for purchase but I declined as I work for a skincare company and get a lot of product. But looking at the ingredients, the products she offered and used are first class.

Amazing experience. I don't usually go to the spas when I stay in resorts as I find them expensive but thanks to the complimentary massage and then the facials we purchased, I am much more open to trying as Tatewari showed it was worth it!

Reviewed 8 July 2017

The pre-massage experience of sitting in the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi was simply divine. Viri, my massage therapist did a stellar job. I left completely relaxed and content.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

The folks at the spa really helped my partner and I relax. They went over all options to ensure we got exactly what we wanted and needed. Maribel had magic hands, and Liz (an assistant) went above and beyond to ensure my comfort as a first time guest at any spa. Thank you!

1  Thank dbagamary
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

The spa is amazing. The men's water treatment and locker room area is high end. The attendants are exceptionally helpful and professional. The spa offers a pretty extensive collection of treatments. My wife and I chose the Tatewari Package which included a body scrub, hot stone massage, and facial. They put us in a treatment room together with two technicians. It was amazingly relaxing.

I had gotten sunburn the day before on my legs. The technician was very careful to not use the same "Scrub" technique on those areas. During the hot stone massage, the just used her hands and this AMAZING seaweed ointment to soothe the burn. The next day my wife had a mani-pedi and I had the Gentlemen's pedicure.

You MUST indulge if you are at the resort. It's worth it to treat yourself. The pricing is in line with other resorts where we have stayed.

1  Thank Randall W
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Juanita (receptionist), Jennifer (hydrotherapy assistant), and Maribel (massage therapist) were totally awesome. I can't say enough of how wonderful the whole experience was. It made the entire stay at the resort worth it.

1  Thank Elaine K