“Friendly and Air-conditioned !!”
Review of Tatewari Spa

Tatewari Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: For pleasure and indulgence, we invite our guests on a journey of luxury, relaxation and rejuvenation with a wide range of exotic, traditional and luxurious services including our signature Tatewari ritual. A rich tradition of the Vallarta region’s Huichole people, the spa’s unique Tatewari ritual provides a complete indulgence of body, soul and mind. For centuries, hidden away from the modern world and protected by the natural barrier of the mountains, the Huicholes performed this ceremony to heal the Earth and keep nature balanced. Today, the healing tradition lives on in practice and philosophy at this facility.
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Our taxi driver had a super difficult determining where this was actually located (as did everyone he stopped and asked) but once we found it we were sure happy. This spa is well-staffed with friendly, hardworking people. I thought the 50 minute massage was pretty routine - as if she’s done it a billion times and you’re just another so meh on that. However the facility, showers, jacuzzi are lovely and we enjoyed the two hours we spent here and out of the heat outdoors. Wish they had beverages (champagne) available - water/tea only and maybe an opportunity to buy some light lunch. We ended up at the time share property next door which was easy and nice. Overall very nice but the massage just so-so.

All reviews
"mani pedi"
"cold plunge pool"
"hot stone massage"
in 4 reviews
"villa del palmar flamingos"
"hydrotherapy circuit"
"water therapy"
"including hot"
"neck pillow"

Reviewed 7 October 2017

This is a beautiful, relaxing spa. If I could afford it I would go every day. Every detail is cared for from the time you enter. Rosie gave me a wonderful massage. I wish they didn't ask the massage therapists to try to upsell products so hard, That intruded on my quiet, relaxing experience. I don't want to be "sold" when I come to be quiet and relax,. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

My hubby and I always get an 80 mins massage each trip. With the calming, multi station spa room, I am always relaxed and ready to get worked over and get my travel kinks out. almost each time we've gone, we've either woken ourselves or each other when we've dozed off from relaxation!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

WOW! Do not pass up this opportunity to feel completely pampered. Even if you are not staying at Villas La Estancia or Villas del Palmar Flamingos, for just $16 USD per person you can enjoy their upscale Spa. I recommend going to tour the spa and make a reservation while there as they can be quite busy. The elegant relaxation is a pure treat. It is my favorite thing to enjoy in the area and I thoroughly look forward to going every day while I am there. (Note: If you enjoy going to a spa and relaxing, you will find many hotel spas to be sorely lacking and of little comparison.) You can get a massage here as well but I just thoroughly enjoy the hydrotherapy circuit with the sauna, steam, jacuzzi, waterfall shower and cold plunge followed by cucumber slices and a cold towel for your eyes, a scented heat wrap for your neck and a head massage while you rest on a towel covered chaise lounge chair, listening to the soothing sounds of the flowing water. Even the soothing colors and upscale facilities are relaxing and refreshing.

They provide lockers, showers, hair and body products, and towels. Swim suits and flip flops required. Worth every penny and I tip $5 for the attentive, professional service. Liz made the experience special with her welcoming smile and attention. It is heavenly! You will feel totally pampered and ready for a nice evening out!

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We are staying at Villa Del Palmar flamingos with the All-Inclusive package and were pleasantly surprised to find out all members of our party had one day access to the wet areas of the spa. My mother and I received two complimentary Swedish massages upon check in and were very excited. You have to book a reservation in advance but they are very accommodating with the schedule.

We arrived, signed forms to inform/explain any medical issues and were welcomed by Gabriela, our valet. She provided our locker keys and offered drinks of hot tea, chlorophyll water, or iced hibiscus tea. The locker contained a towel, robe, and a plastic bag for wet swimsuits. Swimsuits are mandatory when using the wet areas.

She also explained that we had freedom to use the wet areas (sauna, steam, cold plunge pool, hydrotherapy pool, waterfall shower, pressure shower, and loungers). But our massage therapists were ready so we went ahead without doing so. Nubia was my therapist and my mother had Rosa. Nubia was very kind and soothing. She explained what a Swedish massage entailed and asked if there was any area that she should pay attention to and I told her my lower back was giving me problems. During the massage, she worked on two knots in my lower back and I immediately felt looser. Miracle hands haha. She also found knots in my neck and shoulders I didn't even know I had and worked them out. There were great smells of essential oils throughout and I easily fell asleep eventually. Nubia ended the session and gave me a warm cup of hibiscus tea and suggested I do the hydrotherapy circuit in the wet areas. We loved our experience so much that we purchased a facial for later in the afternoon.

It began similarly except now my mother and I were able to do the hydrotherapy circuit in the wet areas. Gabriela was very attentive and as soon as we finished with the pools, she brought heated neck pillow and cucumbers for our eyes along with a cold towel for our faces while we waitedto be called for our facials. The cold plunge pool was refreshing and enjoyed the sauna. I had Maralinda as a facialist. She took the time to show me all of the products she was going to use and explained what it was and let me smell them. She asked how I was enjoying myself every few minutes and the facial also included a neck, chest, arms, and head massage so those areas got a second massage for the day which is more than fine by me. Afterwards, she offered a 3 piece regimen of cleanser, mask, and moisturizer for purchase but I declined as I work for a skincare company and get a lot of product. But looking at the ingredients, the products she offered and used are first class.

Amazing experience. I don't usually go to the spas when I stay in resorts as I find them expensive but thanks to the complimentary massage and then the facials we purchased, I am much more open to trying as Tatewari showed it was worth it!