2,941 results
All reviewsazul restaurantpersonal conciergejose ramosparlor suitefrench restaurantneck massageroom servicefour seasonsall inclusive resortkids clubour honeymoonmoment you arriveinfinity poolriviera nayaritpool servicepool sidedinner reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Just back from visit #10 - and still in love with Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit! What may help you decide to stay here... each time I visit I meet people who are also repeat visitors. That says a lot. AND, even when I meat first time guests, they are happy and impressed. The service is really above anything else.

Lucca has been renovated since my visit last year and it is beautiful. The food is wonderful, in particular I loved the tortellini with ricotta and sage. Piaf is usually my favorite - and it is wonderful, but Lucca is getting close! Hector the manager makes sure everything runs smoothly.

My fav start to the day is the breakfast buffet. As always, Fidel ensures spectacular service. He is a familiar face I look forward to seeing. I wish I had made note of more names - because I truly enjoy the service. I thought I would remember, but alas the mimosa fog must have gotten in the way. Several days I had a server Adrian who was great, just a great attitude. But there are many more! Fidel is a gem. As I make friends in the pool, people mention him. He is a constant and provides a level of service that everyone notices. The food is wonderful - I love the spicy habanero salsa on my eggs. It's spicy, but it's vacation, just have another mimosa!

Pool service is wonderful - ANYTHING you need, just ask! Nadia really works, they all do. My concierge Diana was wonderful. She checked in and handled anything I needed but also somehow did not hover. How does she do that? Regardless, it is appreciated.

It is really impressive that everyone I spoke to was impressed with the food, especially for an all-inclusive. This place is indeed special. It is so clean, so well kept, so comfortable and pleasant - I really hate to leave each year. That is the only problem -- knowing the last day of vacation will be coming.

If you are thinking about coming to GV, don't hesitate! Treat yourself! It really does not compare with any other resort - and I tried. I thought, I should explore other resorts... .but I always came back because nothing compared. Now I know - GV is my little piece of heaven.

Room Tip: Every room has a great view.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Anne2StLouis
Pilar P, Director General at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Anne, we feel that we are the fortunate ones to have such wonderful guests as yourselves. And allow me to thank you for your highly-detailed review. I am sure that other potential guests will also appreciate the feel of the resort in the way that you describe the staff and our culinary creations.

All of us, especially the staff that you kindly took the time to highlight, look forward to your Grand Velas vacation #11 where we can lift the bar slightly higher and watch your joyful expressions when you see our newest innovations. Until then, we wish you all the best for an excellent summer up in Saint Louis, Missouri. Thank you, my friend!

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Our kids had a great time in the Kids Club, especially with Anahi Aneaola and Jaqueline. They were both incredibly interactive with the kids and helped them have a great time doing crafts, feeding the hotel Koi and a host of other activities. They also went above and beyond with helping make my wife's birthday very special and memorable. Can't say enough good about both of them and the kids club.

Room Tip: Most of the pool views also have a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Nathan A

You can be assured, Nathan, that I will personally recognize, on your behalf, the wonderful work of Anahí and Jaqueline for their focused dedication toward your children.

Many have said that our Kids Clubs facilities are second to none. We have all the components in place to keep the young ones highly fascinated and well-entertained when they visit us. But having excellent facilities is just a part of the goal. Having fun-loving, and first-aid certified staff administer the Club is the real key. And the little ones will know very fast if they are having fun or not because they are the honest measure of our Club´s true value. And I am glad that their smiles and thumbs up inspired you to take the time to share their complete satisfaction with the world.

Thank you, Nathan, for entrusting Grand Velas to make the entire family´s vacation a success. We hope that your children urge you to return in the near future so as they can continue the fun and sun with Anahí and Jaqueline. Thank you, sir!

Reviewed 7 June 2018

We just completed our 2nd stay at this resort. Let me start by saying that expectations stink! It is just a 4 "star" for me this trip, after being a 5 last time, which was just over a year ago. That said, we will likely be coming back for another stay.

The GREAT parts:
This place is still mostly first rate. It is clean, not too crowded, and overall just really nice. The highlights in service for us this time, again came from the beach and pool. In particular Mr. Antonio Avelar made us feel like honored guests and really paid attention to all of the details and made our trip extra special. Shout out also to his partner, Gerardo Lopez. Both of these gentlemen went out of their way to make this trip spectacular. They both take service to the next level and I could not praise them enough, Antonio in particular! Breakfast and lunch at Selva del Mar were amazing and the staff at those services are on point and the food was consistently great. The service at Lucca and the food were also wonderful. Room service was also spot on. The other guests that we have encountered have been nice families or older couples but everyone is just friendly enough, not overly so and we have never encountered anyone looking for the party crowd.

The average parts:
At Frida, the service was amazing but we felt the food was a little less so. They did do table side guacamole, which maybe they quit doing but brought back based on some recent reviews. We were most happy with the guacamole, the rest of the food was average to a little below in our opinion.

The negative:
We just don't get the personal concierge thing. All she did was make dinner reservations at Lucca and Frida. We told her what we would prefer in the mini bar, which on our last visit we were asked and she acted like this was on odd request on top of that she didn't listen! We asked her about the possibility of doing the Romantic dinner (which was included in our package) or arranging something where we might be able to try Piaf, the French restaurant and she said she would look into it, she never got back to us. I saw her several other times walking around the resort and she would always say hello but never gave any follow-up. Our last night there we went to Selva del Mar (Azul, I think?) for dinner and were seated and then ignored for a good 10-15 minutes. It looked there was one waiter whose time was being completely absorbed by a couple that was there. We ended up leaving and ordering room service for dinner, which in retrospect probably worked out better anyway. We were all tired.

I don't understand why Piaf is only for children 12 and over. The evening we went to Lucca for dinner the restaurant was half full of mostly families and as we walked by Piaf on our way there and back the restaurant was completely empty both times. Strange.

As I said earlier, we will most likely go back next year because we still like it that much. If I could give it an extra half star for all the other little details we appreciated but were not listed here, I would. Just not a solid "5" for us this time around.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank IheartPHX

Thank you for returning to Grand Velas and also for bringing to my attention several points that you felt could have been improved upon.

I have already had a meeting with my team of concierges to enforce the importance of the guest´s expectations and how vital that their duties are in making the guest´s vacation a seamless and enjoyable one. The attention to detail is paramount in a 5 Diamond hotel, and I am sure that they will now not lose sight of that essential element.

As for our 4 Diamond, fine dining venues, we try to provide all our guests with an excellent array of variety in terms of cuisine, location, and of course, ambiance. One of the characteristics of our venue Piaf, since day one, is to provide couples an enchanting evening for them alone, without the children that they may have back home. We do remain firm on the ages as well as the dress codes, so I do apologize if the policy of the restaurant was not to your liking at that particular moment of the evening but, I must consider the vacation enjoyment of all our guests.

I am delighted that the positive aspects outweighed the details that you encountered, and I am pleased to know that you will return again next year. You can be assured that we will do our best to make that vacation experience one that has always represented Grand Velas and your expectations. Thank you, again.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I recently had an entire wedding planned in the Virgin Islands when the hurricane came through and flattened the resort. I then started looking around for another location and found this beautiful resort. My fiance and I did a site inspection and fell in love - the service, the experience, the food - all were spectacular.

We had our wedding 2 weekends ago and it was a wonderful experience!! I had a few ideas and our wedding coordinator, Andrea, went above and beyond to make it happen. My bouquets, the centerpieces - all turned out SO BEAUTIFULLY! In addition, all our guests loved the stay. If I could go back, I would have done nothing different. If you are a bride looking for an ideal location, I would recommend this resort! I did my ceremony outside at the gazebo and the reception inside at the Tamoya reception hall.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Priya W
Pilar P, Director General at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Thank you so much for entrusting Grand Velas to bring to life the wedding of your dreams.

I am certainly pleased that after your abrupt change of plans Andrea and my staff made the planning of your loving union a highly successful and stress-free celebration. And your recommendation to other brides contemplating a beautiful destination wedding will serve to add confidence in their overall decision.

Congratulations on your newly formed love. On behalf of the entire staff of Grand Velas we wish you a long and loving future, and to our brothers and sisters in the Virgen Islands, we wish them a complete and speedy recovery.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

This is a wonderful resort! From the moment you arrive and the cathedral ceiling, fresh air cooled lobby to the lovely rooms, staff and amenities it is great! Two special shout outs to Diego in activities - super fun and energetic and even makes water aerobics fun! David at the pool side bar. Also fun,entertaining and great bartender. All the service staff was excellent!
Restaurants are excellent too! Best we have ever had at an all inclusive resort.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank Stephanie S A

It was a great pleasure for us, Stephanie, to have generated such glowing comments and expressions on your very recent vacation experience with us at Grand Velas.

Much of the credit for the success of your trip goes to the exceptional young women and men that administrate all the many facets that went into your holiday. And Diego and David, who are very talented hosts, are exemplary in the way that they cater to the needs of the valued guests that honor us with their reservation.

On behalf of those young men and all of their colleagues, I thank you for your motivating review and look forward to continuing to raise your future vacation expectations with each visit. Until then, we wish you and all our good friends in Greenbrae, California a beautiful and prosperous summer. Take care.