“Great quick lunch”
Review of Eddie Burger & Bar

Eddie Burger & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Burger & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 156 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Came here for a quick bite to eat with a buddy, Wednesday special had a Burger and Poutine for only 12$!! Was tempted to try a milkshake too but I was too full, great food tho, reasonably priced too! Would recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,126)

Reviewed 14 April 2018

One of the best burgers I have eaten. Great service and tasty food. It does get busy so be prepared to wait for a table or book if you can.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Ambiance: 4 out of 5
As soon as you walk in, you are greeted with smiles in a packed energetic atmosphere. The space is small but they use it well. It is a burger bar so we weren't expecting white cloth tables. It is a fun place.

Service: 5 out of 5
We sat at the bar and ordered food. The bartender, front house manager, and other servers walking by were all too eager to help us get started with drinks and recommendations on burgers. It seemed like everyone working there had a minute or two to come chat with you.

Food: 4 out of 5
I'd say this was the most flavorful food we had in Banff. Canada has a rule where the burgers had to be cooked well done. Since we are from Texas, this was a weird rule as we prefer either medium or medium rare. Despite the draconian law, their burgers are flavorful, well seasoned, fresh, and game meat is available. The poutine is okay. Cheese curds, brown gravy, and french fries are not normally what I would've ordered but the staff swore by them. This recommendation is the only one where I would disagree. However, overall, I cannot recommend this place enough to all travelers that want to eat in Banff. All the other restaurants around had bland food.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Reviews can be so subjective and I always find them so interesting and usually quite indicative on the experience you actually have. My mouth was watering after checking our this joint and I was looking forward to something delightful.

This is a small hole in the wall place that is always busy. Burgers are $17-20 and can be ordered a la carte or build your own. The service was fantastic after a full day of skiing the wait staff kept my glass always full. We got a seat quickly around back we a few young families. The kids were good and sat up and ate what they could.

Maybe I made the mistake of ordering the Naked Burger. The patty was dry and looked machined instead of handmade like the other burgers. The fries were good and no up-charges if you wanted yam fries. The burgers came quickly whcih was great but the cutlery was sparse.

All-in-all, just an average experience for an over-rated and slightly over-priced experience. I wish I had more to say....I was hoping to be wowed for a $17 burger and I wasn't.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

I have nothing but good things to say about this place. Quick mid week trip out to Banff. Heard about the Eddie from friends. Arrived on a Thursday evening about 6:30, left my phone number with the hostess and was told she would text me in about 20 minutes. Well 15 minutes later while on our way back to the restaurant sure enough text comes. The place is small so if you don't like small..well. Staff is great genuinely friendly and no patronizing B.S.! Sat at the bar, got the explanation of how ordering works (building your own burger using their checkbox order card), got a drink in about 2 minutes and placed our order. Talked with the bartender and some other patrons, watched the kitchen from our seats, looks to be about 6' X 6' but they deal with it. food arrived, about 15 minutes. Ordered a Buffalo Burger with fries and a chicken burger with onion rings. WOW, Buffalo burger patty was big and moist, fries are really good as well. my wife loved her chicken burger and huge onion rings and the dip. Lots of different local beers on tap, and checkout the "milkshakes" and "trashcans". All in All a great experience.