Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$307
US$284
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$286
US$277
Hotels.com
Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$411
US$399
US$211
Official Hotel
US$205
US$181
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$286/night.

Elk + Avenue Hotel(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$345
US$271
US$499
Fairmont.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
HI-Banff Alpine Centre(Banff)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$148
US$135
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

Banff Inn(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$192
galahotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$216/night.

The Juniper Hotel(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$243
Hotelpower.com
All reviewsthe main streetbanff avenueexcellent locationsized roomthe rooms were niceceiling fanwould stay here againthird floorstreet noisemini fridgenecessitiesficanada
Reviewed 28 September 2017

I don't know what all of these bad reviews are about, we had a great stay at King Edward! The hotel is old but clean and has a glass walled lift looking out onto the street which was novel :) Our room was comfortable and spacious and had complimentary toiletries and daily water, muffins and biscuits, tea & coffee and there is a mini-fridge if you want to buy your own food. Check in was super fast and easy, staff were friendly and the location was FANTASTIC. Right in the middle of town, an easy walk to everywhere.We thought King Edward was fantastic value for money and we would definitely stay again. The only negative was the slow Wi-Fi. Other than that, great hotel!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017

The rooms are on the small side for a North American, but OK for a European with lower expectations. It's pretty central, the staff gave me a great breakfast recommendation jist across the side street. Parking is simple just go to the top level of the parkcade and you're good for overnight and eight hours from 8 the next day. You can park lower down in the secure section for CAD 5 or 6. I didn't bother.. Get a room far from the lift/pub. I was there late August in 150 years since Confederation, so prices were high

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This is the second oldest hotel in the area and the oldest hotel in the city of Banff. It is smack in the middle of things. There is free parking in the municipal lot right behind the building. the rooms are very small but they have everything you need including a refrigerator and a coffee pot and a blow dryer. It is very noisy if you leave your windows open at night. You can hear the revelers out on Banff Ave. But you can always close your windows.
They do not offer breakfast but they do offer a complimentary basket of snacks and water, tea and coffee.
It is expensive for what you get but hey it's Banff and everything is expensive.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank panama2000
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I'm not sure if booking.com screwed up my reservation or if they did but I specifically asked for a room with two beds and ended up with one. Our room was right by the stairs and elevator and people were in and out all night and kept us awake all night. There's a pub downstairs and a busy excellent restaurant on the side and it was insanely noisy. We had a plethora of other issues as well but none of it really makes much difference now. The location is great. It's right downtown but you could probably get a better night's sleep if you slept in their parking garage in your car and believe me I thought about it. The next time I feel like wasting 600 dollars(American) I'll just light it on fire. I'd have been much less pissed off.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2017

This hotel's primary virtue is that it is at the very center of Banff town: at the intersection of Banff Ave. and Caribou St.. As such, it is subject to some degree of street noise, especially when bars close at night. It also is space-constrained, with relatively small guest rooms, no real lobby (only a registration desk in a small walled-off section of the entrance foyer), no breakfast, take-your-chances curb cuts for loading and unloading, and guest parking in a municipal parking garage a block away.

I never DID get the parking system straight, by the way. You can get a parking pass for a fee from the hotel (but they had run out by the time I arrived), or "you could park for free for eight hours overnight as long as you were out between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m." was what I thought I heard. But I parked and came and went at will and encountered no problem. Indeed, I didn't even see a payment kiosk or caretaker or any way that I might have PAID for parking even if I'd incurred any obligation to do so.

Another mystery was the remote control device for the air handling in my room. Luckily, since the outside temperature was mild, I only had to figure out how to turn the ceiling fan on and off. I avoided anything more elaborate.

All this being said, I slept comfortably, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the hotel's location in the center of things was most appreciated. The room rate was rather high, given the minimal nature of the hotel's services, but I suppose that that's what happens in the center of Banff in the middle of July in the 100th anniversary of Canada's national parks and the 150th anniversary of Canada itself.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo