We stayed at the resort at the end of March 2012 while we were on vacation skiing at Lake Louise. We stayed in a loft unit with two bedrooms (one loft, one main floor) with three queen sized beds in total (two in the loft). There were one and a half bathrooms which was very handy for five of us in the mornings heading out to ski and again in the afternoons returning. Our children 8 & 10 really enjoyed the water slides and play area and spent several evenings there.. Also to keep peace help keep peace in the family there were three flat screen TVs, one each in the loft, living room, and main floor bedroom. The price while not cheap was reasonable for the accommodations. The next time we come to Banff we'll be certain to stay at Douglas Fir.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 Giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool,outdoor hot tub, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Freeinternet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff