Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets
US$144
US$178
US$167
  • Pool
Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$150
Hotels.com
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$245
US$379
US$358
  • Restaurant
Bow View Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$63
US$179
US$100
Orbitz.com
1,056 results
All reviewswater slidesindoor playgroundfull kitchenplay zoneframe chaletliquor storemurphy bedbedroom condotunnel mountainmain buildingbit datedhot tubwood burningfree busdowntown banffflat screenbus service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have two young kids and they just love the waterslide and playzone. For myself, I love the fireplace, the cracking and poping and the smell. The steam room is great while the kids are on the slide. I have used this place for years and it is time for some major renovation. The bed mattress we got this time is worn out and the room had a very musty odor. Although the rooms are supposed to be pet free, we noticed on more than one occasion that dogs are allowed. It is great if you have a pet, staff just look the other way, but the wear and tear and odor in the rooms is getting me to think about some place else for the next trip.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a pet free room, ask for a real pet free room because the place is suppose to be pet free.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank MendM
BanffFamilyHotel, Manager at Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We are continually improving the Douglas Fir Resort to maintain an exceptional standard of customer experience. We recently fitted gas fireplaces and installed new lighting in our One Bedroom Condos and replaced a number of our sofa beds as well as renovated our two giant indoor waterslides. We do have a strict pet policy in place but regrettably some guests don’t inform us that they have pets in their rooms. When made aware of this, we promptly address the issue. Please know that we charge a nightly pet fee to cover the additional cleaning we conduct after a pet visit. I would very much like you and your family to return to stay with us. If you have any concerns regarding pet rooms in the future please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here for the first time with our two kids who are 1 and 3. We were in a one bedroom condo, which is located in one of the cabins surrounding the main hotel. It was a cosy, clean room with a good amount of space for us. The full kitchen was fantastic too as we generally try to avoid restaurants with our kids at the moment! There is even an on-site grocery store. We also had a balcony and much to my daughter's delight saw some deer outside both days that we were there.

We arrived early for check-in and were given a key to access the amenities and then they phoned me on my cell when the room was ready. We took the kids to the playzone while waiting where they both had a blast, then moved into our room and spent the rest of the afternoon at the waterpark. My only criticism of the waterpark was the complete lack of lifeguards or other supervision. As it turns out, when kids are left to their own devices they barrel down the waterslides right after each other which at one point resulted in my daughter being piled on by 2 other kids as she went down. No harm done but good to know that you need to be a bit more vigilant if you are going with younger kids (and I recommend taking advantage of the lifejackets provided).

Overall, we had a fantastic time and will definitely be staying here again when we come up with the kids!

2  Thank cdntraveller79
BanffFamilyHotel, Manager at Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We’re pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay at the Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets. Whilst we don’t have lifeguards on duty we do have two Waterpark Attendees monitoring correct usage of the waterslides at all times. I have passed on your comments to the appropriate departments to ensure this is not a concern in the future. I look forward to seeing you and your family again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed here on a quick overnight getaway with our teenaged children. The condo with loft was perfect, as kids had own beds and we had privacy. The only problem I had was with the intense smell of woodburning smoke which made me well aware of an allergy that I and my son both have discovered overnight. Thank goodness for cold and sinus meds. otherwise a great room and lovely location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Danielle D

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets. It’s fantastic to hear our One Bedroom Loft Condo was perfect for your needs and provided the much needed privacy you sought. We are taking steps to provide a more green experience for our guest as we are slowly introducing gas fireplaces in all of our rooms. We currently have a small number of rooms fitted with gas fireplaces fitted and we would be happy to accommodate you allergy requirements next time you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed at the resort at the end of March 2012 while we were on vacation skiing at Lake Louise. We stayed in a loft unit with two bedrooms (one loft, one main floor) with three queen sized beds in total (two in the loft). There were one and a half bathrooms which was very handy for five of us in the mornings heading out to ski and again in the afternoons returning. Our children 8 & 10 really enjoyed the water slides and play area and spent several evenings there.. Also to keep peace help keep peace in the family there were three flat screen TVs, one each in the loft, living room, and main floor bedroom. The price while not cheap was reasonable for the accommodations. The next time we come to Banff we'll be certain to stay at Douglas Fir.

2  Thank Wpg_Mike
BanffFamilyHotel, Manager at Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Thank you for providing your wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us. Our One Bedroom Condo’s are perfect for larger families which provide the much needed additional space, extra bathroom and additional bedroom. We have a number of great promotions available throughout the year, be sure to stay connected via our e-newsletter as well as our Facebook and Twitter accounts to be the first to know about our best prices. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Douglas Fir Resort in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

This is the second time my children and I have spent a night at the Douglas Fir Resort. The kids LOVE this place. We stayed in a "loft room" which had an upstairs (loft) area which the kids were thrilled about. The full kitchen and fireplace made our stay so much more comfortable!

2  Thank newfiehun

Thank you for staying at the Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets and for your subsequent review. It’s wonderful to hear that our fully equipped kitchens made your stay comfortable and convenient and your kids enjoyed the loft! We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.