1,358 results
All reviews evergreen restaurant grotto spa gas fireplace large bathroom underground parking two sinks mineral pool junior suite lovely hotel steam room hot tub comfortable beds front desk staff shops and restaurants per night king bed premium room
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Tried to call hotel for reservation however there was no one to answer the phone. Called 4 x sent to voicemail.
Booked room online for $249 king room with fireplace.
When we arrived at our room, we were given 2 queen beds. Not very happy about the error. When I went to the front desk to correct the error, I was told that I called to change my reservation. I am sure there will be another unhappy customer with the wrong room as I did not call to chsnge my reservation. I gave up trying to deal Witt front desk as we were tired.
The room was alright however I did book a king bed.
Poor customer service.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Huynh N, Operations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2018

Dear Suef140,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your honest feedback regarding your experience staying at Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge. I want to truly apologize regarding the mistake with the room type you had booked. I will be sure to follow up with the Front Office Department to find out where the error occurred so this does not happen again. We appreciate you notifying us and hope to see you again in the near future.

Huynh Nguyen
Operations Manager

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

I came here in a whim for my birthday and mentioned to the staff it was my birthday. After settling into the room they bright me champagne and chocolate!! I told them I don't drink alcohol so they went and brought me sparkling water instead. Amazing getaway for the evening

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2018

We held our yearly sales meeting here in early October. I cannot say enough good and positive things about the property and their employees. They gave us A1 service all around. It also snowed while we were there, the first time it had snowed that early in 60 yrs, giving us beautiful snow topped mountain views.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2018

As other folks have reviewed this hotel on the Marriott website this hotel should not be classified as a resort property. The hotel is clean, the rooms are quite, (yes they could use some updating) but the amenities to not meet the expectations of a resort property.
It was clear during our visit that the hotel caters to group tours vs individuals and the staff could use some retraining as it relates to Marriott Elite members.
I did speak to the manager while onsite concerning some issues and she was truly understanding about the things she could control and I am sure she acted on those items.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BanffManagement, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear pctraveler2018,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

As we discussed there were some missed opportunities that could be addressed immediately of which action has already been taken to ensure we work towards meeting all of our guests expectations.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and for taking the time to speak with me prior to your departure.

Suzanne Gittens

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for the Petroleum Safety Conference in Banff. This hotel is very nice and on the main road into Banff. Had to park on the street behind the hotel because my truck did not fit in the underground parkade. The rooms were nice with a fireplace and my room faced the back street. The service was excellent and the lounge was nice and quiet. They had a little business area that I took advantage of a few times. The hotel is a little pricey and there are a lot of competitor hotels with nice trendy restaurants nearby so they need to lower their prices to compete. However if you like a nice quiet hotel with excellent service and comfy rooms then I would recommend this hotel. Well worth the price in my opinion.

Trip type: Travelled on business