“Nice Italien restaurant”
Review of La Terrazza

La Terrazza
Reserve with OpenTable
La Terrazza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 151 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wolf St
Description: The Terrace is excited and proud to present it's transformation into La Terrazza. Our new menu offers freshly prepared authentic Italian cuisine in the heart of downtown Banff.
Reviewed 12 April 2018

Made a reservation based on Trip Advisor reviews. Service was very friendly but after we received our main we never saw server again till we asked for dessert and coffee. Was very busy but for a fine dining it left a lot to be desired. Everyone was very happy with their meals. Hubby had the bone marrow appie. The bacon jam made the dish. I had the gnocchi, was very good but could have used a bit more seasoning. Tiramasu was very good but portion was quite small. All and all was a great evening till we had to wait and ask for bill.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

My wife and I spent the night in Banff recently and chose La Terrazza for a cozy dinner. We are really glad we did. The restaurant is small and the food and service were very good. We shared a Pear salad which was very nice. My wife had mussels for her meal and I had the bison lasagna. Both were very good, but my lasagna was more cheese than pasta...and not enough bison meat.

The house red wine was very nice.

The bread they provide is outstanding! Roasted garlic.

Overall we really liked it and would recommend it.

1  Thank Spicole
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Reception at our hotel recommended this restaurant and we were certainly not disappointed. It is located in the Banff Park Lodge on Lynx St and is not somewhere we would have found of our own accord.
The restaurant had an upmarket feel to it although the prices were still quite reasonable, and the staff were all very friendly.
I can definitely recommend the lasagne and my husband really enjoyed the meatballs.
Our only small criticism would be that the desserts (tiramisu and brownie) did not live up to the quality of the starters and main courses, with the exception of the vanilla ice cream.
Definitely worth a visit, although probably a good idea to book a table in advance.

2  Thank Rachael B
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Made a reservation at this based on a trip advisor recommendation for a taste of Italian fare. The restaurant is very cozy and quaint. the waitress was very helpful with both food and wine recommendations. We both enjoyed our meals, mine more on the Italian side and my husband choose the lamb shanks. The restaurant is along side the hotel bar so it can be a bit noisy depending on the level of activity.

2  Thank CherylY1960
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Enjoyed our experience at the La Terrazza. My meal was so delicious, my mouth waters each time I think of it. I had a house made pasta. The dish was called Linguine Vongole. My daughter had the House made Gnocchi and we both thought that this was one of our best meals ever. The service was extraordinary, fresh bread with specialty butter, salads and wine were wonderful. Next time I am in Banff, I am going to go back there. We met the Chef during our dessert, Nigel Walker. I wish he would give me a few cooking lessons. I am amazed at the flavours he created.

3  Thank Brenda G