“Excellent variety and quality for an all you can eat option”
Review of Fusion Sushi

Fusion Sushi
Ranked #574 of 3,857 Restaurants in Calgary
Reviewed 6 July 2017

This was my first time to Fusion Sushi, and wasn't sure what to expect. Don't come to Fusion looking for an authentic Japanese ambiance experience. Everything is clean and spacious, but it all just booths and tables with some sparse pictures of food on the walls.

The All You Can Eat option was explained to me, and I was shown how to use the tablet to order the food. This was my first time using a tablet for this, and it was flawless. You can see pictures of each dish, and when you touch the item it will tell you what ingredients each has. The amount of options available for the AYCE was amazing. I've never had this many items to choose from at other restaurants offering AYCE. Thai and Japanese options from appies, soups, main course meats, sashimi, sushi, rolls, special rolls all the way to deserts.

I had the Tom Yum Goong soup and it is worth going back just for that. Delicious! The rolls and special rolls were really good. The size of the fish on the nigiri sushi was on the small side, but expected for all you can eat and the rice balls weren't oversized. The nigiri fish size is larger at restaurants where ordering ala carte, but you're also paying $2.50 to $3.50 per piece at those places. I also had the teriyaki beef, and it was nice and lean with good flavor, and perfectly cooked.

I ordered a green tea which was also included in the AYCE price, so all in all I paid $30.40 after GST.

The service was attentive, but I did have to ask for a second refill on the tea. They bring it around in a carafe instead of leaving a small pot on your table.

I will be going back again.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

We came here to celebrate a birthday and we were not disappointed, the all you can eat Japanese buffet is worth the price. The food taste great, pleasing to the eyes and yes, we tried as many dishes as we can. Ordering via ipad is so efficient and fast. They gave us a free tiramisu cheesecake (really so yummy) for the birthday celebrant.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

This restaurant chain offers Japanese and Thai cuisine at one price per person. The all you can eat concept is great because you can order as many different choices as you want. The servings are quite small so don't be afraid to order a lot of options.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

I went here with my cousin and her daughter around 6pm last saturday. We were seated right away. We had the all you can eat sushi which you order on an iPad. The food was delicious but the servings were small. We ordered some seaweed salad. I had this before in another all you can eat sushi restaurant. The size of the bowls were the same but at Fusion, the bowl was only half full. They had some kid friendly items on the menu such as deep fried popcorn chicken. I liked the breaded scallops. We tried the fried milk dessert, I think it was some sort of glutinous rice which looked and tasted somewhat milky. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. The place was clean and service was ok.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Stopped in for dinner with the family. All you can eat Japanese fare for under $30 is a great deal. The place is clean with primarily banquettes for seating. If going I would recommend a reservation because it gets packed. Service was very good when we were there. Ordering from an IPad when you want something was easy and very efficient. Food delivery was quick. Offer a good selection of appies; tempura; soups; sashimi; nigiri, rolls, cones and maki sushi; teryaki; pizza and desserts. Tried a wide variety and most were quite tasty, definitely will be able to find several things you will like. Free refills on soda. negative, the fried foods were very greasy and I would not recommend.