“Great first experience”

Foo Asian Street Food
Ranked #391 of 3,834 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Description: Drawing on influences from throughout Asia, FOO is a tribute to the Asian street food culture. FOO combines a “hawker stall” feel with a modern, edgy and laid back atmosphere. FOO Food is the perfect location for the traditional business lunch, quick take out or make it a tasty start for a night out with family or friends.
Reviewed 15 February 2017

The Thai curry was yummy! Lots of fresh veggies and chicken. Pad Thai was also enjoyable but didn't taste like your typical Pad Thai. Good marks based on friendly service, great presentation, good portion size, and reasonable pricing. Will be back!

1  Thank jeaniewong23

Reviewed 9 February 2017

I was on 4th for a meeting and decided to try Foo food as I don’t get to this area very often and it looked good. The food was very tasty but I found the prices a bit steep for a quick lunch but I also have a feeling that this is just me and I’m sure these prices are normal for this area of Calgary. Note that it was very busy over lunch so we had to sit at the counter to eat, get there early if you want a table. I would come back again for more. A more detailed review is below.

AMBIANCE – while it was a bit small and crowded, it did give it a vibrant vibe, like you were eating at a busy street vender. Especially with the open kitchen and the cooks making the meals right in front of you. It was a fun atmosphere.
STAFF – very little interaction as we ordered at the counter and they just call you up once your food is ready.
FOOD – I liked mine but my lunch partner was not impressed with hers. She did try mine though and liked it so I think it was just her particular selection.
PRICE – I found it a bit pricey as our two meals (drinks/tip not included) came to about $29. As mentioned above I have a feeling that this is likely normal for this area.

Thanks for reading……happy travels!!

1  Thank CanadaTravelGuy_9
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

This little place is the perfect place to find a decent Asian meal with a twist. Fantastic real staff with great conversation, including a friendly Swedish chef. Will definitely visit again!

1  Thank Toblerone86
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Foo is an excellent addition to 4th St! I've walked by the place a few times but what drew me in was the open kitchen. There's bar stools that face the area and it was a blast to watch them prepare, definitely organized chaos.
The food is delicious and would go back solely for the Pad Thai & Chili Green Beans. I wish I lived on 4th St.

1  Thank Rob D
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

I love Foo's Victoria restaurants, so I was thrilled to see them here. I was not disappointed. Great menu, friendly service, good location and very tasty food. I got the Coconut Chicken Lettuce Cups- a great choice if you're not into fillers like noodles or rice. It was the perfect size portion and so delicious- very coconutty. The iceberg lettuce was crisp and fresh. I loved it, and will be back often.

1  Thank H W