“Very Good Night Out”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We went here for a special family dinner where we ate in the lower reserved room. The food was fantastic and the staff were very attentive to our every need, overall an excellent dining experience. I cannot say anything about the main dining area though as we were not in that part.

The wine list is very comprehensive and the server was very nice about finding us a delicious bottle right in our price range, very helpful for us staying on budget with 10 people.

2  Thank Kirk_and_Jo-Anne

Reviewed 26 June 2012

We had our office Christmas party here for the past two years and dropped in after work recently for a dinner for two. I had scallops, which were nicely cooked and a flatbread pizza, which was excellent. My girlfriend had a pot of sea food of the type that requires pliers to eat. She liked it. The waitress was efficient if not exactly warm. The decor is really nice and we were puzzled as to why they don't have more customers. I have a sense that they suffer from being right downtown and a bit removed from other restaurants in a town where the majority of people leave the area after work. We'd go back.

1  Thank selmer
Reviewed 16 June 2012

From the starters to the main courses you will be amazed with the quality of the meal! The wine list will boggle the mind, but the staff are amazing at producing exactly what you want!

1  Thank Sttray
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I've always wanted to try this restaurant and finally had the chance on a Friday night. We were the only ones in the dining room which surprised me at first, but it was early. I was excited about lobster specials, and the two items I tried were okay, but not great. The lobster corndogs seemed like a good idea, but there were only two and one of them had an unusual flavour to it, I think it was some kind of seasoning in the batter, but it had an odd taste which made it difficult to eat. The lobster 'roll' turned out to be a lobster sandwich, which was okay but difficult to eat if you didn't cut it in half and spread out the lobster mix properly on the bread. My husband wasn't impressed by the flavors on the salmon he had either - some kind of tomato/onion topping. The waitress wasn't very friendly at first considering we were the only ones she had to serve, but the rest of the staff were very nice. Overall, it was okay, but not as great as I would have expected from a downtown restaurant that looks so impressive.

1  Thank poppy01calgary
Reviewed 24 February 2012

3 of us went for lunch on a busy Friday. We booked through open table and requested a quiet spot - and got one. We were upstairs, which I didn't realize they had.

Our server was there to take our orders immediately, which is good on a business lunch. We weren't ready to order, so she checked on us several times until we were ready. Very attentive.

I had a chicken, mango and avocado salad that was delicious. Portion was large and didn't finish it, despite how good it was. The other 2 meals were the nicoise salad with flat iron steak and a steak salad. Both enjoyed their meals, although one commented that the potatoes in the nicoise would have been better slightly warmed rather than cold.

One unrelated comment - the signage for this restaurant is not very visible. It's up high and not easily noticed from street level. Even the high sign doesn't do much for the place. I work nearby and never even knew it was a restaurant....several of us thought it was a jewellry store!

Our lunch was a pleasant experience, good food and fast lunchtime service. I'll visit again.