“Dinner and A Movie”

Ranked #2,453 of 3,725 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner
Neighbourhood: Northeast Calgary
Description: Montana’s is all things BBQ to all people. Whether you’re in the mood for southern style in-house smoked ribs and pulled pork or looking for some Canadian BBQ flavour across our burgers, steaks and sandwiches; Montana’s has the perfect atmosphere to bring the family or meet up with friends. Fire up the good times at Montana’s BBQ & Bar!
Reviewed 14 February 2017

It was a great way to celebrate Valentine's today - dinner at Montana's BBQ and Bar, N.E. location which is decorated in a Western theme, log cabin style. "Is that a real truck suspended from the ceiling", I asked my husband, as we entered the restaurant? Of course there were also the inevitable TV screens for sports viewing near the bar but also very comfortable seating near large windows.

Our plan was to take in dinner and a movie at the Cineplex Odeon Sunridge Spectrum Cinemas later, just across the parking lot from the restaurant. The bonus here is a discount towards a movie if you pay $25 or more for a meal. The discount was $4 for each of us or a total of $8 towards movie tickets, which was a nice perk.

The restaurant was nearly deserted on a Monday afternoon and the table that we chose hadn't been cleaned yet but it was in a sunny location, so we overlooked that detail. The waiter arrived shortly after we arrived and wiped it for us, apologizing for the inconvenience.

We ordered two drinks - a beer and a cocktail, and I really enjoyed the Pomegranate Lemonade Margarita. For dinner my husband ordered the 7 oz. steak and fries and I ordered the chicken tacos with a side Caesar salad. Service was the norm and the meal was well plated and delicious. We finished every bite and I thought that the salty caramel pudding desert afterwards was unique and tasty. We completed the meal with black tea, paid our bill, which was approximately $70 for everything, received our movie discounts and were perfectly satisfied. It wasn't the first time we've enjoyed dinner and a movie at Sunridge and it won't be the last.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

We went to this Montana restaurant after my son's game. My kids were hungry and took forever to get food. We have been to same location many time and we never had any issue before but today service was very bad. Staff was very good but It just not enough staff. I am very loyal customer and if this happen I'll not go back.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

I have been coming to Montana's for over a decade and in the past have always had a good experience. Last night we did not.

All the dirty tables I accepted as I figured the supper rush just left as we arrived about 730 pm.

We were served our meals about 9 which given that everyone else was served seemed rather excessive. My pulled pork sandwich was not pulled but chunky with no flavour and my loaded potato had 2 pieces of green onion and I couldn't find any bacon. T couldn't eat his meal it was that awful. My daughters was floating in grease and another just looked awful. My wing appie was ok if it was a cheap wing night but not at $12 for 8 soggy wings.

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

Reviewed 23 October 2016

We took my father in law here for his birthday. He's a big ribs lover so we thought why not Montana's. We arrived to a mostly empty restaurant but still had to wait almost 30 minutes to be seated. That should have been a sign but................

When we placed our order we specifically asked our server to please make sure the food was hot. Three of us ordered the ordered the ribs with a backed potato, one ordered the steak fajitas and I had the fish and chips. When the rib dinners arrived the food was stone cold including the baked potatoes. The meals were so cold that the butter would not even melt on the baked potatoes. It was as if the rib dinners had been sitting on the counter for a half hour or so. I'm beginning to think we were served ribs that were sent back to the kitchen by someone else and were then recycled. The steak fajitas came out so rare the meat was almost raw. The fish and chips were another disaster as the food was so greasy I couldn't eat it. I can understand getting one meal wrong but three different types of meals for six people and every one of them was awful. Is no one monitoring the kitchen and checking these meals for quality before they are brought out?

We called our server and told her about the problem and she brought out the manager who didn't really know what she could do to fix the problem. Our server finally told us that we should contact the General Manager who might be able to help us but he isn't there in the evening so it was either come back during the day or well tough luck.

This Montana's will definitely be on my list of "Don't go here for any reason"

Reviewed 13 September 2016

We got there and the table was so tippy, we could hardly sit there. The server said that it had been like that for ages? We fixed it ourselves. My husband ordered the ribs which were dry and cold, I had some beef dish that was really cold and bland other than the sauce that you could put on it from the table(yuck) and my son who never complains remarked that it was totally average. The only thing that was good was the draft we had. I had gone a long time ago to Montanna's, wasn't happy with it then, and this time we will never go back. There are too many other restaurants around there to pay for a disappointing meal and service.