Wicked Hostels - Calgary
Hotel Arts(Calgary)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree laundry servicecommon roomtrain stationfemale dormevery eveningstampede groundbed roomlittle thingsc trainbackpackerscomputerscleanlinessdowntownave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Wow! I have stayed in many hostel already, but the Wicked hostel in Calgary is the best one by far! Beds are super comfortable, free breakfast from 6-10am, they even wash your clothes for free!
Almost every evening there are activities or just sitting together in the common room/kitchen. No TV which is amazing so people have to talk to each other! Great atmosphere! Totally enjoyed my stays!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2017

My friends and I stayed at the hostel for 3 nights and it was great, always clean, a very complete breakfast, kind staff, they have food ingredients that the guests can share to cook, the owner gave us a tour around the hostel and very specific directions and advice for moving around the city, they do laundry for free!!! It is located right infront of the train station, so you can move around easily and if you are traveling by yourself or will to make new friends they promote simple events for hang out with anybody who wants to join! I could not ask for more, the best hostel I have ever stayed.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2017

May, 2017
I asked for a room but was refused because I only had one mid-sized back pack. "The rules" are that I must have bags. What are hostels for? People traveling through...short stays, right?
I explained that I was from out of town and just needed to stay for 3 nights.
I was coldly turned away.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank Dee A
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

So many things about this hostel are great! The staff and people there are by far the best thing! They are not only very helpful but join in with what is happening around the hostel and still keep on top of everything so you always know where you are with bookings etc. They are very welcoming too and will check you in whenever you arrive as long as your bed is ready. The kitchen, dining area and communal area are all in one so you can just sit on the sofas by yourself but there is also a great atmosphere and always something going on you can join in with. The activities are well planned and easy to join in with - most days there is something happening whether it is a trip to one of the local pubs or bars or a 'family meal' on a Sunday that everyone is welcome to join. The rooms are reasonably large but the lockers are very small which is the major downside. The bathrooms are a large size too though. Breakfast is great too! The hostel is in a great location too, ten minutes walk to the saddledome or stampede ground and only about 15 minutes to the town centre. The train station opposite links with all trains so is easy to get to and from Wicked. The hostel is also at the end of the Main Street where all the bars and pubs are so it is very easy to walk anywhere

This hostel is where I've felt most at home and the atmosphere feels more like a family than people that what they actually are - people who have never met before. I arrived for two days and ended up staying for the week! Great place and I would definitely recommend ...

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2017

I've stayed in close to 500 different accommodations - hostels to 4 1/2 star hotels in nearly 30 countries so I was surprised to experience David from Germany on reception from this hostel who was the most charming, grounded and attentive staff member. He checked me in, took me on a tour around the hostel which allowed me to gain the most from my time there over 2 nights. It is unusual to stay in a hostel where breakfast is cooked and laundry is done for you, being able to think about one less thing on your travels is an amazing relief. The hostel finds other ways to add value to your experience also. It was really a nice community to be a part of. The hostel is clean, and walking distance from the airport bus stop. Cubicle showers are amazing too.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo