Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Calgary South
  • Breakfast included
US$152
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$87
Travelocity
US$90
US$161
All reviewsmacleod trailyogurtupgraded to a suitesofa bedvery clean hotelsitting areabreakfast roomstayed here for nightswould stay here againbeds were comfortablecoffee makermicrowavefireplaceduvetdowntownsupper
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights, the room was very spacious , the beds were comfortable, the location is good , nice selection of restaurants in walking distance, the pool seems nice and has a slide for the young spirits :) , the recreation room looks very good, the front desk and check in and out went very fast.
The breakfast has something for all, the dining room is very welcoming.
Enjoyed my stay here and recommend it!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Pamela P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

We thank you for your great review and are just as pleased your stay was accommodating and relaxing from the guest room to the amenities we provide. We look forward to be providing you with our services once again!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Since I'm a Gold member i was greeted and recognized promptly at the reception and was upgraded to a suite room. The room was nice and spacious though the furnitures were a little outdated. We have a senior travelling with us that's why I asked for a ground floor room. The only downside was our room was along the hallway going to the gym and pool area. It was very accessible from us but also as the day went on it became very loud and noisy as kids and people were passing by. It sounded like we're in a dormitory of a university. We didn't fall asleep right away because of the noise and we came from a long drive. Breakfast was the same just like in any Holiday Inn. Otherwise everything was good.

Room Tip: dont go to the rooms near the pool area
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Pamela P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and are pleased to hear you enjoyed the room upgrade, even though the noise levels from other guests were some bothersome. We do hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Spent 2 nights with family. Hotel is in a good location, short drive for shopping, downtown, Saddledome or zoo. Staff was very helpful and friendly, room was clean, and bed and pillows very comfy. Great pool area with water slide, kids loved it! Breakfast was decent, pretty standard continental breakfast, with eggs, cereals, yogurt, bagels and pastries, etc., but lacked fresh fruit options. Our room was comfortable and clean, but needs a few minor maintenance/ upgrades - wallpaper in bathroom was starting to peel away and the side sitting chairs are worn and have no cushion left. Those minor cosmetic items did not degrade from our stay. Overall good and we would stay again. I would give it a 3.9 to 4, out of 5 rating.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Pamela P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us from the location, pool area and the guest room. We thank you for your constructive criticism as well, so we may improve our guest experience.

We look forward to being able to welcome you and your family back once again in the future.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel because it was close to the building I was going to visit / work at. Very good location to restaurant, wine stores, shopping and of course McDonalds for my daily caffeine fix!!

The room I stayed in was 102, I was upgraded due to the pool and jacuzzi down for maintenance the well I was staying. It was very roomy, the fireplace was nice and paired well with the jacuzzi tub!

The hotel offers breakfast but I rarely partake in that option because of the food is bad my day starts off badly lol.

The three complaints I had:

1) parking lot was packed with snow and ice and no sign of a plow to assist in making it better

2) the room I had, as nice as it is, was just too close to the stairwell so every morning (early a.m.) I could here everyone and their dog making their way downstairs.

3) whenever someone in the room above me used a bathtub or shower, it sounded like I was standing right there with them

Overall it’s a good hotel and I’m staying here next week as well

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Best accommodation/bargain in SW Calgary!

MASSIVE UNBELIEVABLE ROOM!
With upcoming renovations I was looking for a place to live for at least one week. I had decided to shop around to 2 or 3 hotels in the neighbourhood to check out prices, and more importantly have a look at the room where I would be spending most of the day for at least a week.

My first stop was Holiday Inn Express and Suites. I’d driven by this hotel, that fronts onto Macleod Trail just South of Southcentre, many times. There is easy access off of Lake Fraser Drive.

I had the good fortune of finding Olga at the front desk! Olga is the operations manager and is a beautiful, warm, SMART young woman! She knew I was shopping around and had the business sense to cut to the chase and give me the best price for the best room she had, right up front!

By comparison, when I visited the closest competition, just a few blocks North I was met with their “Sales Mgr” who clearly knew nothing about how to actually make a sale. She showed me a mediocre room that was so far from the front desk that you almost needed to pack a lunch for the jaunt. I told her that I was shopping around and showed her Olga’s business card, where she had written the daily rate she would give me at Holiday Inn Express and Suites. The room I was shown at the competition was $130 more PER NIGHT than what Olga had quoted! No comparison.

My suite was like a small condo. It was 43.5 ft x 16.5 ft - I know, because I measured! That works out to 717 sqft! It was clean and modern with 2 separate rooms. The bright bedroom had a king size bed, an easy chair, c/w an ottoman, side table, bureau a TV and plenty of lights, and an upholstered luggage stand . Very comfortable bed with duvet.
The sitting room had a couch, easy chair, coffee table, 2 huge bureaus, another TV and more good lighting. There was a kitchen area with fridge, microwave, Keurig coffee maker, another large upholstered luggage stand right beside the ample closet.
Bathroom was large with plenty of counter space. I noticed the tap was dripping, reported it and it was promptly replaced with a new tap.

Other amenities include a comfy, private lobby, huge, well-appointed breakfast room with open ceiling to second floor and tons of light flooding in through the 16 ft high windows. Full hot breakfast and coffee available 24/7. There is another comfy lobby area with TV and complementary newspapers.
Swimming pool, hot tub and water slide with comfortable patio furniture on the deck. Zero humidity so very comfortable for sitting around, with more huge windows. Outdoor parking was well lit and as a 68 year old woman I always felt safe.

Ask for Olga. You won’t be disappointed! I believe she is responsible for the positive experience!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
OlgaYYCMT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

First and foremost, I want to thank you for such great review about your recent stay with us here at The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Macleod Trail. Thank you for noticing all the effort our team puts into delivering memorable stays and experiences to our guests. I am very proud to read each word.

I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us, as our main goal is to make you feel away from home, I definitely see us succeeding. You covered from beginning to end all our amenities, all our services, all our facilities that is great! We sure hope to see you coming back soon to stay with us.

Once again, thank you for encouraging an entire team to keep the good work!

Yours trully