“Highly overrated, extremely expensive, food average at best”

Charcut Roast House
Reserve with OpenTable
Charcut Roast House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 3,682 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 9th Avenue SW
Description: "Top Chef" season 1 finalist, Connie DeSousa Co-Chef / Owner of this new restaurant located in Downtown Calgary. Featuring urban-rustic cuisine with a custom-built rotisserie and charbroiler, vintage-style slicer and hand-crafted charcuterie eating bar. A contemporary and inviting gathering place, CHARCUT combines local chef-driven cuisine with Italian and Country French accents. Ingredients are sourced from small, local artisan farmers and ranchers, with herbs harvested daily from its own garden, minimizing the miles food travels. Open late night with a full menu.
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I was with my GF treating my son and a friend of his on our last evening in Calgary before coming back home to Montreal. I started by ordering the full board of charcuterie assortment. My GF who is Italian made me notice that the mortadella didn't look like it and she was right, what they advertise as Mortadella is at best on overly salty ham. There was also another cut of meat which none of us could identify that had the same texture as leather, inedible. Then my GF had ordered the charred octopus. They might as well have replaced it by a rubber octopus, because that was the texture. I guess they forgot to tenderize it by boiling it at first. I ordered the sausage burger with the poutine. Not only was the sausage very chewy, they had melted more than 1 inch of cheese on top of it which just made the matters worst. The poutine had no taste of truffle and the cheese that was melted in the poutine was anything but cheese curds. Cheese curds don't stretch for more than 4 feet when trying to get a bite. My son enjoyed the bison and I don't remember what his friend ordered, but I noticed that she left more than half the plate untouched. Their wine list is decent but way overpriced (3 times cost). All of that for $450.00 for 4 people. We should have gone across the street to Ruth Chris. I wouldn't recommend Charcut to anyone. It was a very bad experience.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

The potato soup and the beef sandwich were delicious. The fries were nice too. Our waitress was Raven and she was welcoming and friendly. We finished our lunch within half hour after ordering even though the restaurant was packed on a Monday. The chocolate chip cookies were soft and perfect. Hope to be back soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

On the recommendation of a friend, we had dinner on our one night in Calgary at Charcut, and ordered various tapas plates. The amount of food was over the top and the quality and flavors were unbelieveable. Great service from the waitstaff and really enjoyed the ambiance.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Probably the fourth time I have here. Once again nicely done. We were there with a group of 5. 3 had dietary restrictions which the staff and kitchen worked around and did an amazing job. I had the catch of the day which was the Atlantic cod and honestly one of the best pieces of fish that I have had at a restaurant. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My colleague and I were in town on business and were craving a good cut of meet and a glass of wine and so we walked into Charcut, sat at the chef's table and indulged...WOW did we indulged. We started off with a sliced pork sausage "amuse bouche", duck fat truffle poutine and the chacouterie board. The flavour explosions seemed endless from dish to dish as we savoured and delighted in every bite! As full as we were, we just had to have at least one main so we shared the bison and it was over the top PHENOMENAL!!!YOWZZA what an eclectic, delicious, mouth watering dish...SHOW STOPPER!!!

As amazing as the good was, sitting at the chef's table and watching the cook staff in action was so much fun and added to the awesome dining experience. Josh and Jess chef de cuisine Brody were engaging, offered amazing recommendations and truly a team in harmony as they worked collaboratively in prepping one amazing dish after the next. They were fun to watch, impressive in their skill set and simply put entertaining in every way!!!

Great restaurant, fantastic food and amazing staff!!! We travel every week on business right across North America and both agreed this was one of the best dining experiences we've had in a very long time!!!

Can't wait to come back...!