“Over priced, over cooked and over stringy.”

Charcut Roast House
Reserve with OpenTable
Charcut Roast House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 3,810 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 9th Avenue SW
Description: "Top Chef" season 1 finalist, Connie DeSousa Co-Chef / Owner of this new restaurant located in Downtown Calgary. Featuring urban-rustic cuisine with a custom-built rotisserie and charbroiler, vintage-style slicer and hand-crafted charcuterie eating bar. A contemporary and inviting gathering place, CHARCUT combines local chef-driven cuisine with Italian and Country French accents. Ingredients are sourced from small, local artisan farmers and ranchers, with herbs harvested daily from its own garden, minimizing the miles food travels. Open late night with a full menu.
Reviewed 6 March 2018

I was quite disappointed. I had the only fish dinner on the menu and for $36 I was expecting more than an over cooked small piece of New Zealand (it must’ve swam here) kingfish and some really gross spinach or maybe it was dandelion. At $19 the glass of Gamay should’ve been bigger. VERY disappointing.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dinner. Word of warning - the food is "heavy", so don't come here if you are watching calories. :) The carbonara pasta dish was excellent. The octopus is really good, but I feel like the tomato sauce submerged it's taste a bit. Overall, very good food, excellent service and a nice space. I don't think my heart wants me to visit too often.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Took friends out I was visiting in Calgary. The experience exceeded our expectations from the start. Richard, our server, took care of our dinner details and the kitchen team executed the details to perfection. I would highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to dining here again when I am back in Calgary.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Restaurant is attached to a hotel across the street from the Calgary tower. First choice was the prime rib but it wouldn’t be ready for another 30 minutes. Settled on the feature steak which was striploin over roast potatoes and salsa verde. Steak was cooked a perfect medium rare. The salsa verde had a bit of spice in it which made it interesting. I’m not a big fan of striploin as I prefer a rib steak but this was good and reasonably priced at $29. Dessert was cheesecake served in a small mason jar with fruit.

All in all a very pleasant experience and would go back.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I will recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone visiting calgary. We came here during lunch and were left surprised. The atmosphere was pleasant and our server and hostess was delighful. She was well aware of the menu and what it entailed and was polite enough to ask about any dietary restirctions. My friend and I ordered the 'all in one lunch' which consisted of parmesan fries, pickle, cauliflower and potato soup (mouthwatering delicious) and shredded barbecue chicken sandwich, all of it paired with a grizzly paw soda. The cookies were great but, if you do nit have a sweet tooth i woykd recommend giving it to a friend (my friend ate it while we toured downtown)

I will return here for another meal before i leave the city. Looking forward to the next visit