“Delicious!”

Charcut Roast House
Reserve with OpenTable
Charcut Roast House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 3,789 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 9th Avenue SW
Description: "Top Chef" season 1 finalist, Connie DeSousa Co-Chef / Owner of this new restaurant located in Downtown Calgary. Featuring urban-rustic cuisine with a custom-built rotisserie and charbroiler, vintage-style slicer and hand-crafted charcuterie eating bar. A contemporary and inviting gathering place, CHARCUT combines local chef-driven cuisine with Italian and Country French accents. Ingredients are sourced from small, local artisan farmers and ranchers, with herbs harvested daily from its own garden, minimizing the miles food travels. Open late night with a full menu.
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Whilst on a business trip to Calgary, I visited Charcut Roast House. On arrival, the open kitchen was wafting delicious aromas throughout the restaurant that could not fail to make one feel hungry. The décor is simple and modern and there was a buzz and warmth about the restaurant which made diners feel welcome and at ease. Excellent, friendly service set the tone for the evening, with drinks arriving promptly. Whilst some of the options on the menu are slightly more ‘complex’ in structure, I opted for delicious simplicity. To start, I delved with delight into melted Quebec raclette cheese which I was encouraged to drizzle inside the most moreish of dainty, warm rosemary focaccia buns. Fantastic. For my main, I had chosen my go-to comfort food – roast chicken. In this case, half a rotisserie chicken flavoured with salted lemon and oregano and served on a bed of parmesan fries. I can honestly say it was the tastiest, most succulent chicken I have ever eaten. After such a comforting meal, I left ready to brave the unseasonably cold winter’s night feeling as if I had just received a foodie hug. Needless to say, I returned later in the week for another dose of comfort!

1  Thank DrJo8

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

We went to CHARCUT after meeting John and Connie at food events. We expected a great meal and were not disappointed. The beef, bison and lamb dishes we had were excellent. And the charcuterie board we had to start was also excellent, all house made and all delicious.

We will go back when next in Calgary.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Service, food, ambiance, everything was well worth the cost. A bit high cost but would definitely return for the exceptional food. Not rushed either, spaced the courses out to give us a chance to enjoy the ambiance.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We had average meal here. Service was good but chicken was dry and served with cold plates so food got cold.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

6 of us visited CHARCUT for a birthday dinner. Thoroughly enjoyed the charcuterie board, raclette cheese, and breads as starters. We moved on to the fish feature and tried one of each of the pasta dishes. All had unique flavour profiles, freshness, and were expertly prepared. The quality of service and beverages was excellent. Thank you for a terrific evening.