“Nice hotel”

Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South
Ranked #31 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 April 2015 via mobile

We stayed at the wingate while in Calgary this past weekend and it was a nice hotel. The rooms were mixed but felt a bit dated. Our air conditioning didn't work properly
and the hallways were boiling hot. The pool was fantastic, the kids had a great time! Breakfast was great with lots of selection and the bed was AMAZING, such a great sleep! Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lrwltn
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2015

Thank you Irwitn for taking the time to post your comments surrounding your recent stay at The Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South. I am very pleased to see that the pool was fantastic and your kids had a great time, breakfast was great and the bed was AMAZING. We are in the process of updating our guest rooms to ensure we provide a product that is above the expectations of our guests. I hope to have you back again to experience these changes and provide your feedback again.

Reviewed 11 April 2015 via mobile

Stayed here with my 1 year old and husband for two nights and was beyond impressed with the service I received. The staff was so friendly they made an effort to remember my daughters name and gave us coupons for the zoo when they learned we were going there. They also gave us 15% off Boston pizza when they heard us say we were going to eat there. We ended up staying two nights because of how awesome the staff and manger was to us! There is no question this will be the only place I will ever stay in calgary again!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2015

Thank you Karmyn7 for the kind words about the "5 star service" that you and your family received during your recent stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South. It is comments such as yours that help us to confirm the dedication from our team to delivering an exceptional guest experience. I am proud to have earned your trust and the honor of being your hotel of choice when traveling in our area.

Reviewed 8 April 2015

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
1  Thank Lee S
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2015

Reviewed 5 April 2015 via mobile

I was directed here by sandman hotel where we normally go due to the fact they were full. First off there was only one lady at front desk, it took forever to clear the line. Second of all there was kids running up and down the hall ways beside us and above us all night. I could hardly get my 2 yr old to sleep let alone having front dresk call at almost 930 to find out what room they put us in.. then was woke up at 130 am listening to base from some party above me. I paid almost 200 $ to stay here for one night I am in disgust the way things are handled around here, nor will waste my money here agian. What a terrible way to end a trip to the mountians.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family

Thank you krystalAd for your comments. I would like to extend my apologies for your less than satisfactory stay with us. It is not common for our hotel to experience this type of noise from guests and we will endeavor to give our team more tools to be able to deal directly with conflicts such as these. If you are ever in our area again I would appreciate the chance to show you just how great a stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South can be.

Reviewed 1 April 2015