We stayed 1 night here while in Calgary. In this Southern suburb of Calgary, called Shawnessy, it seemed there were two options for hotels: Wingate and Super 8. We chose this one because they have a pool, mainly. Lots of strip malls and shops around, if that's your thing, plus a movie theatre, and a few restaurants (see my review on Hudson's Canadian Tap House)
We got the corporate rate because I'm a business owner, which was a nice perk, and overall a very pleasant experience. Quite a nice breakfast is included in the price (the usual cereals, fruit, breads, and so on, but also a waffle maker, and eggs and sausage). The pool and hot tub were good, but I was little disappointed that they closed it at 10pm. I've stayed at smaller hotels with pools that are open until 11 or 12. The rooms are fairly large, modern, and comfortable. Funnily, the toilet seat was not the most comfortable. The staff / service was about average. Overall, I was happy with the stay, and if I was in that area again, I'd probably choose this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business is what we do best at the Wingate by Wyndham Calgary. Use our 24-hour business center to fax, photocopy and use the net - all free of charge. You can also surf the net in your guest room with our free high speed internet access. Relax & relieve stress after a long day by working out in our fitness centre, swim in the pool, and finish off by relaxing in the hot tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Calgary Hotel Calgary
- Wingate Calgary Hotel
- Calgary Wyndham
- Wingate By Wyndham Calgary South Alberta