“Everyone One Does Take-Out”
Review of Sizzling Rice

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Southwest Calgary
Neighbourhood: Southwest Calgary
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Thought we would try take-out from this strip mall Chinese food place. We had been by many times but rarely saw anyone inside. We figured they must do an awesome take-out business or they would have been closed up years ago.

We ordered the dumplings (huge and tasty), ginger chicken and beef and vegetables. We ended up with enough food for two meals. All were very good and even hot when we brought them home. Looks like we may have food and new place for an evening meal when we want to Netflix and chew.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

The first time I was here I was shocked at how quality their food is. The service lacked something to be desired back at that point (the two teenage girls running the Front of House were too immature for the job unsupervised) but none the less they were very kind and got our orders right. The food has continued to amaze me for how close to home I was. Fresh ingredients, served hot, and lots of sauce! The service has since improved from the summer as they had to hire new FOH (school I'm sure) and the food is the exact same. I'm a huge fan of the sweet and sour chicken specialty with coconut jasmine rice subbed. Delicious, worth the visit if you live near by!

Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

Always enjoyed the take away from here... Particularly the ginger squid. Always delivered within the time frame they say.

Reviewed 30 July 2015

Ate here in the 90's and food was pretty decent. Consider more as a take-out not sit-down option. Possibly under new management now. You can't throw hot sauce on something and dare to call it Szechuan. The beef was stringy and poor quality. Will not be returning. For just a few more dollars, drive a little further and enjoy the best quality Chinese food in town at Ginger Beef.

1  Thank Woodchuckwally
Reviewed 22 January 2015

My daughter and I ordered BBQ Pork fried rice, lemon honey chicken, sweet and sour pork, chop suey chicken, wonton soup, and egg rolls. The bill was only $42 altogether. What a great value for so much food. We had so much leftover for tomorrow's lunch.
The service was fast, pleasant, courteous and very friendly. The quality of food was great, fresh and very tasty. My daughter is only 10 years old, but she said she liked all the food we ordered and enjoyed her dinner. Will certainly come back. We recommend you try this place.