“Best BBQ in Calgary.”

Holy Smoke BBQ
Ranked #281 of 3,768 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I have eaten at three holy smoke locations and have used them to cater multiple events. They sell vacuum sealed bags of the proteins heated or cold and then you can add their buns, cornbread and slaw to finish off the meal. So many sauces available and if you are really hungry add a few ribs that are a buck a bone. I recently hosted a bachelor party and last minute switched out cooking everyone burgers for instead a bag of chicken and a bag of pulled pork. The 16 guys lost their minds on how good everything was. Do not go here for the decor as they focus only on great food.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Freindly staff and great BBQ. A ton of sauces to choose from. I had the brisket which was tasty, but more like a pulled pork rather than sliced or chopped brisket. Has a side of ribs as well which we had with several different sauces.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We saw this little gem while driving down the road and instantly decided that on our way back to the hotel we would stop for a bite. It's a small shop but has some really great bbq at really great prices. We ordered the Rib and Chicken Meal and the Manwich both totally delicious!! They also have over 15 different sauces to try if your not sure what you would like. Icing on the cake, they offered us some corn bread to try and it was outstanding, my 6 year old insisted we buy him some for the road. We are only visiting Calgary for the week but I have no doubt we will be back. This is definitely one of those diamond in the rough joints.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

You can eat here but it's more of a take out shop, there are some tables outside and a counter inside. Rolls were a bit stale. We ordered their homemade sweet tea, and it was still warm. They didn't have any ice! As we were eating, the nice man came out with a cold tea for us. Thank you.

1  Thank BethlehemPaUSA
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Good stop for a grab and go or sit down at the rail. Had the pulled pork and a brisket sandwich. They were both good. Lots of sauces to choose from. Smokin hot mama is my go to for the pulled pork. The beans are not on my good list. They seem to be usually under cooked but that's my opinion. Ribs are just ok. If they didn't sit in a warming tray too long they'd be better.