“Fast and Hot”

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Ranked #2,062 of 3,725 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Reviewed 20 November 2017

I had some great difficulty in ordering what I wanted by both phone and on-line, so I was not happy that I had to go all the way to the restaurant to place my take-out order. However, the service was fast. The time it took from the moment that I placed my order for a Family Pak until I received the full meal was only five minutes. I was impressed.
And of course the food was Swiss Chalet consistently good.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Our favourite place to go for a quick meal. The service is prompt and friendly, the food is reliably good, and the price is very reasonable. Good children's menu.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Filthy tables all over the restaurant (uncleared finished meals).

Hostess was a server and it was a bother for her to seat us.

When we asked to change tables (we were next to some partying young kids), we were told the tables were dirty and it would take 10 mins to clean them.

She then took our drink order and she disappeared. We saw some staff dancing in the kitchen, we saw one filling salt shakers but was anyone cleaning the filth? Nope.

Did our drink order arrive? 15 minutes waiting to be seen and give our ignored drink order. It never showed up. Why? She was busy chatting in the kitchen.

So we got up to leave, careful not to slip on the greasy floor... and then told someone (who we know really didn't care) why we were leaving. I would have loved to hear what they said about us but anyone reading this please take it seriously. If the front is that bad... worry about what you can't see... the kitchen.

My credentials: over 200 reviews in over 70 cities and many MANY Swiss Chalets from St John's NFLD to Vancouver Island. Congrats for being the absolute worst in the nation.

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Great meal tonight at Swiss Chalet. The fries were good, the chicken was fresh, the server was nice, the dessert was sweet! A good time!

Reviewed 27 September 2015

Fair enough, Saturday at 5:15 is a busy time. We were seated in the overflow room that was hotter than the kitchen I am sure, and waited for over half an hour for food that arrived old and cold! Fries impossible to eat, beef and gravy cold, veggies undercooked and cold as well. Very nice waitress offered to replace or warm, but as we were not going to sit in that hot box for another half hour, we picked a but and left. Last time there!