“Birthday Night Out!”
Review of Vin Room West

Vin Room West
Reserve with OpenTable
Vin Room West is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #649 of 3,674 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 85 St SW and 8A Ave SW
Description: Vin Room is Calgary's premier wine bar with over 100 wines by the glass. Our extensive wine list is complemented by our tapas program, made with local and regional ingredients, with a global twist.
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Went here for a friends bday for the first time Friday. Busy place!! I loved the interior and ambiance. I'm a vegetarian so my meal options were a bit limited but everyone who had meat enjoyed their meals. I had the warm caprese salad (ie soggy tomato salad to splash on your dress), a cheese platter - which I really really liked and would have again, a few bites of the lobster nachos (without the lobster on my bites) and they were just ok, a champagne/sparkling sampler and creme brûlée (why is this still on menus?? And why do I order!!). The creme brulee was good but is it 90s enough to be cool again?! Lol. The waiter was a bit aloof and one fella who worked there appeared to be watching filthy videos on his laptop at the end of the evening but it didn't take away from our girly night out. Plenty of drink options and the food menu is unique. Nice change from the usual!

Reviewed 16 April 2017

My husband and I decided to go out for a glass of wine and charcuterie at Vin Room West as we have in the past and instead chose a few Tapas and were so glad we did! The food was so tasty and well presented that I had to write my first review. We ordered the vegetable Tacos on corn tortillas (so fresh), the Scallops and Bacon ( with arugula, lemon zest, potato and cranberry) and the Lamb Meatballs. No need to have dinner at home tonight as whatever I make will not compare! Looking forward to our next Tapas experience! Oh, and the wine was nice too!

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Three of us visited Vin Room West for a birthday celebration. I'd always been intrigued by the restaurant, but the right time didn't come for quite a while.
We were lucky because it was a quiet night and the sommelier from Vin Room's main (Mission) location was our server. (He said he worked at Vin Room West once a week.) He was definitely very knowledgeable about the wines and happy to share his information, experience, and opinions.
My husband is a chardonnay fan, and by the end of the evening he had sampled all of the Vin Room's chardonnays. Each glass is accompanied by a "coaster" with the wine and vintage written on it, which makes a handy reminder, especially since they have a wine shop next door.
We made a meal by ordering lots of different tapas. They were tasty but a little underwhelming for the price point. I think any future visits will be more like other guests': a drink and a little bit to eat and that's all.

Reviewed 13 November 2016

If you like wine and lots of it then this is the place for you. We just wanted some dinner and a cocktail. The selection of Cocktails is pretty small since is a Wine bar but it was empty on a Saturday night and we were hungry. We decided to give it a try and even though the decor is lovely and the service very good ( a bit much sometimes) we weren't to impressed with the food. We had a cocktail each/ 2 in total and some finger food to share (cheese and tapas plate ). The service was fast and the food was good but was it worth the $100 bill? Not really. Again I will say if you want wine the selection is large so give it a try, but if you're there just for the food the go to a different place.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

The food was excellent & service outstanding. I had not idea we could go with children :-) We will be back for sure!