“Great tasting food”
Review of Vin Room West

Vin Room West
Reserve with OpenTable
Vin Room West is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #746 of 3,810 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$11 - US$23
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 85 St SW and 8A Ave SW
Description: Vin Room is Calgary's premier wine bar with over 85 wines by the glass. Our extensive wine list is complemented by our tapas program, made with local and regional ingredients, with a global twist. Our patio is dog friendly 7 days a week. Enjoy a complimentary 3 course menu for your pooch.
Reviewed 13 August 2017

They offer a variety of interesting dishes that are both tasty and the presentation is great. Staff are always friendly and it has a good vibe going.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

This place never lets us down. Not only does it have great food but a wine selection that is fabulous. I love the wine store which has a great staff to help me pick a bottle or two. Great atmosphere in both locations.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We had been to the VIN Room before but found the portions a bit small for the prices. We were back due to the dog friendly patio. Our dog got a little treat and the patio has a water dish for him as well. This time we had a cava we knew we enjoyed. As it was happy hour we enjoyed several tasters at better prices. It was a wonderful sunny day and good for people watching.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

We went to the Vin Room West and really enjoyed the ambiance. It was not too busy and the wait staff we not rushing us and in fact could have been a bit more on their . They have a good selection of wines and we found a good Cava to go with our tapas. The charcuterie plate is very well done and they could accommodate dairy free cheeses. As well they have lots of gluten free choices. We had numerous tapas (a nice memory of a recent trip to Barcelona) the carpaccio which was nicely done and chicken skewers. The food was very good, service a bit slow and since the portions were small the cost for a lunch was rather high.

1  Thank Marty911
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Went here for a friends bday for the first time Friday. Busy place!! I loved the interior and ambiance. I'm a vegetarian so my meal options were a bit limited but everyone who had meat enjoyed their meals. I had the warm caprese salad (ie soggy tomato salad to splash on your dress), a cheese platter - which I really really liked and would have again, a few bites of the lobster nachos (without the lobster on my bites) and they were just ok, a champagne/sparkling sampler and creme brûlée (why is this still on menus?? And why do I order!!). The creme brulee was good but is it 90s enough to be cool again?! Lol. The waiter was a bit aloof and one fella who worked there appeared to be watching filthy videos on his laptop at the end of the evening but it didn't take away from our girly night out. Plenty of drink options and the food menu is unique. Nice change from the usual!