“Awesome on a summer day”

La Dolce Vita Ristorante
Ranked #1,521 of 3,664 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$0 - US$99
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2016

So one beautiful afternoon a friend and I discovered this little place. What made it especially good was one the open air and gorgeous decor, paired with some of the finest Italian cuisine I've had in the city. By far the best gnocchi I've ever had. The squid and bruschetta appetizers were also really good.

While I highly recommend this place, the one blemish came on my second experience. One of my fellow diners had an over salted dish, and what transpired was a brief lecture that 'that's how the kitchen prepares it' and 'no one else has complained.' Now granted, everyone has different taste buds and a having a winning dish get a complaint may be a surprise. But I don't think we guests need a confrontation over it (we all tried to be as friendly and agreeable as possible on this). In the end, a different server looked after us (we were confused by this too) and the over salted diah was comped.

So I will definitely be back, and I would recommend future patrons carefully consider their options carefully.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

The entrance is very scary no one is there to greet you it looks like a storage spot not an entrance to this amazing restaurant in Bridgeland. Please fix your entrance or make the restaurant downstairs.....it isn't a great first impression.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

We love to have pizza at La Dolce Vita form time to time. The food is great however sometimes inconsistent depending on the Chef who is on so you may get a good Pizza one time and a great pizza another. Never bad but just different.

Reviewed 29 August 2015

Talk about doing in right the Dad Franco Cosentino ran one of the best kitchens in Calgary and the Mom ran the front.end. Now the kids have taken over Rocco the son runs the kitchen and the daughters run the front. The result amazing simple food served exceptionally. Amazing simple food served exceptionally The specialty is thin crust it's done in a real wood-burning oven and it's not to be missed and you need to follow up with an amazing Marco Polo which is a Pizza shell stuffed with mascarpone and Nutella, cooked in the wood burning oven. Only order one its filling and made to be shared.

Reviewed 12 July 2015

If you go to this restaurant with a group of people of 8 or more you have to pay 18% for tip, absolutely ridiculous policy.
Pizza is not bad, pretty small (half of a real Italian pizza), but that charge is intolerable.

2  Thank McGregor600