“LDV PIzza upper level”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 December 2016

In the heart of Bridgland 1st Ave. Staircase to go up no access for wheeel chair FYI. We were a party of eight and non of us had been before. Our waitress was incredible with descriptions and selections of wines. The food selections started with apps,salads, pizzas as well as main dishes(reasonalbly priced). More selection than I expected from a pizzaria. Food was fresh and was presented well. The portions were perfect. Untraditionally we ordered a bit of everything and shared among ourselfs. I was impressed by every dish having its own palet of flavoring.(Multipul homemade sauses not just one used on everything) The kitchen was spot on for all of us to eat at the same time. Things to be mindful of...children are welcome. It is a smaller place so if your looking for quite and romantic upstairs wouldnt be what I would suggest. It can get loud with shared laughter and conversations from the room as it is more open concept. There is a private room for a larger group function. For a birthday cake they brought us fried doe with chocolate...so good! All the staff was curtious, friendly and on point, well deserving of thoughtful tipout.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

So one beautiful afternoon a friend and I discovered this little place. What made it especially good was one the open air and gorgeous decor, paired with some of the finest Italian cuisine I've had in the city. By far the best gnocchi I've ever had. The squid and bruschetta appetizers were also really good.

While I highly recommend this place, the one blemish came on my second experience. One of my fellow diners had an over salted dish, and what transpired was a brief lecture that 'that's how the kitchen prepares it' and 'no one else has complained.' Now granted, everyone has different taste buds and a having a winning dish get a complaint may be a surprise. But I don't think we guests need a confrontation over it (we all tried to be as friendly and agreeable as possible on this). In the end, a different server looked after us (we were confused by this too) and the over salted diah was comped.

So I will definitely be back, and I would recommend future patrons carefully consider their options carefully.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

The entrance is very scary no one is there to greet you it looks like a storage spot not an entrance to this amazing restaurant in Bridgeland. Please fix your entrance or make the restaurant downstairs.....it isn't a great first impression.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

We love to have pizza at La Dolce Vita form time to time. The food is great however sometimes inconsistent depending on the Chef who is on so you may get a good Pizza one time and a great pizza another. Never bad but just different.

Reviewed 29 August 2015

Talk about doing in right the Dad Franco Cosentino ran one of the best kitchens in Calgary and the Mom ran the front.end. Now the kids have taken over Rocco the son runs the kitchen and the daughters run the front. The result amazing simple food served exceptionally. Amazing simple food served exceptionally The specialty is thin crust it's done in a real wood-burning oven and it's not to be missed and you need to follow up with an amazing Marco Polo which is a Pizza shell stuffed with mascarpone and Nutella, cooked in the wood burning oven. Only order one its filling and made to be shared.