“Good steaks good atmosphere”
Review of The Cattle Baron

The Cattle Baron
Ranked #22 of 3,760 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$16 - US$35
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Inspired by Wellington's Fine Dining of Calgary, the CattleBaron Steakhouse and Bar was created and designed as a casual alternative for the upscale steak enthusiast. Soon recognized as Calgary's premiere casual steakhouse, the CattleBaron offers our guests the finest quality Alberta beef, carefully selected wines, and world famous western hospitality and service. Using the freshest ingredients and homemade recipes passed on for all to enjoy. From business clientele to families alike, our guests can enjoy lunch or dinner in a comfortable atmosphere that is both affordable and relaxed.
Reviewed 12 September 2015

After a day at Spruce Meadows Equestrian center it was nice to relax in the lounge with sports on TV a good beer and a great ribeye steak sandwich.Bill was reasonable Service good

1  Thank dave s

Reviewed 12 September 2015

The Server Shayleen was a pro. Very efficient and handled a nearly packed dining room. The food arrival was prompt and everything was great. Watch out for the prices of the cheap red wine. a 9 oz was $16 Ouch!

Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

I drive truck from east to west 3 times a month and for me The Cattle Baron is a Calgary destination. I order the Signature Cowboy cut 20 oz Rib Steak and I eat steak all across our great country- and this is bar none the finest steak I have ever had prepared for me.The Chef pays personal attention to how it is cooked for me and When I arrive even after a month Moe the bartender greets me by name and recites my order from memory- it's all in the details and they nail it every time! Highly Recommended to any steak connoisseur.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

We went there for a relaxing dinner which it wasn't because the server rushed things even though we told him we wanted to relax over dinner. The food arrived within a couple minutes of the drinks. He also understood our order and brought the starter at the same time as the entrée. However, the rib eye steak was fantastic which at least made up partly for the rushed service. The tomato and onion salad was good but we really couldn't appreciate it since we ate it along with the steak. The 14oz rib eye was perfectly cooked, had great flavor and was very tender. Have the rib eye but tell the waiter to slow it down.

Reviewed 3 September 2015

I'm not a beef enthusiast, but this place may have changed my mind. Perfectly cooked steaks and excellent service. Cannot praise it enough, do not miss it if you're in Calgary.

1  Thank Montaldo58