“What was that?????”

Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Northeast Calgary
Neighbourhood: Northeast Calgary
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I live in the states and even though the food is not amazing at Hooters the atmosphere makes up for it most of the time. NOT here. First of all, they had a male bartender.............. enough said, I shouldn't need to continue on. Bad food, unattractive women and male bartenders just made this place a dissapointment.

2  Thank John D

Reviewed 28 February 2012

We often enjoy going to Hooters when travelling on business. It is a different place and great location to watch a hockey game with a cold beer and chicken wings, quesadilla, etc... all this with nice, sexy and smiling waitresses dressed as we like :-)

Prices are a bit high for the food quality and most items on the menu are deep fried! Good beer though!

2  Thank Frick_inc
Reviewed 28 November 2011

As usual Hooters delivers, The restaurant was great, lots of parking, took a busload of 15 people and we were all looked after fast and with great attitude. The meal was great and the servers were all very pleasant. We had places to go and we were in and out very quickly. If you like Hooters this is a great one!

1  Thank DW_Investigator
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I recently visited your restaurant at 2730 23rd Street NE Calgary, Alberta on Oct 17, 2010. I went there with my friends and we were expecting good service and food. First of all, the waitress didn’t come take our order for approx 5 min after we had arrived to see if we wanted anything to drink. We then ordered our meals; my brother and I shared the Buffalo platter for $16. My friend had asked the waitress how large of a portion the Jalapeño chilli fries were ($8), and she said they were a really large portion, which was not the case when the meal came, it was a size that should have came with an entrée.

On the menu the platter said “order one for the table”, well there were 4 of us there and if the four of us were to have shared that for a meal or even an appetizer we would have gotten 1.25 of each piece on the platter. Our waitress never came and asked how things were until we were almost finished. My friend said that his was disappointing and I said ours was awful. She turned around and as she walked away without saying anything she turned her head at my friend and gave him a ugly look. When we were ready to leave and pay the waitress was visiting with another table. At this point we never received our bills and she asked if we wanted to pay, I had said no I do not want to pay I am extremely disappointed. When I went to pay I said to her that this was a waste of money and that the meal was not worth $16, and she said “sorry” in a sarcastic uncaring way. I said it’s not your fault you weren’t the one who put the food on the plate but I will never eat here ever again the food was awful and the service was absolutely awful and will never eat at another Hooters again.

3  Thank amsgjrs
Reviewed 14 June 2010

We noticed Hooters on our way to our hotel. After checking in at our hotel, just up the street from Hooters, we decided that wings & beer at Hooters would be a great "little snack"!

We got there around 3 p.m. to grab a "little snack" as I wanted to have Curry 'N' Hurry for dinner. The restaraunt was very quiet and non busy. There were only 3-4 patrons in the eatery. We ordered our wings and beer..........they were so yummy as all Hooters wings are.........we ended up ordering 2 more orders plus nachos and more beer! I regret to say that I didn't make it to Curry 'N' Hurry as I was so stuffed from all the yummy Hooters grub!.......maybe next time I'm in Calgary.............lol.

1  Thank ShimmerCB