“Great dinner ”

Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Northwest Calgary
Description: Nick's - A Family Tradition ~ Nick's Steakhouse & Pizza was founded in 1979 by Nick Petros. Located near the University of Calgary, and across Crowchild Trail from McMahon Stadium. Nick's is one of Calgary's finest steakhouses, and home of the city's best pizza as well!
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Monday night had a terrific prime rib meal. It was done exactly as I wanted and great service from Jaymie and Mark. I will be back !!

nickssteakhouse, Owner at Nick's Steak House & Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Hey Richard,

Thanks so much for the five star review! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the prime rib (it's one of my favorites too), and received great service. I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I took my boyfriend here recently for his birthday, we were both trying the restaurant for the first time. We felt okay upon leaving but later on I wasn't feeling well and my boyfriend spent the night of his birthday in awful pain puking his guts out from food poisoning so sever that I was about to take him to the hospital. I will never go back to this restaurant, despite the food poisoning the food and service really wasn't worth the bill.

1  Thank Kendall S
nickssteakhouse, Owner at Nick's Steak House & Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Hi Kendall,

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. Our entire team is Food Safe trained and we've followed Safe Food & Handling Guidelines for 40 years.

We take customer feedback very seriously - please send me an email to nickssteakhouse@gmail.com so I can get more information about your visit, what you ordered etc.

Owner, Nick's Steakhouse

Reviewed 29 September 2017

We LOVED Nick's pizza and regularly went there for a Friday night dinner. The pizza, Caesar salad and red house wine were a great way to wind up the week. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. I am not sure what has happened to their food over the last year or two, but we have stopped going there. The salads are no longer fresh and tasty but rather limp and lack-luster. The pizza was once the best in town, but is no longer. They used to be generous with the toppings and the flavour of the 'all important' SAUCE, has been lost. My husband always said their tomato sauce was the best he ever had (and he's Italian). I, myself, loved the pizza crust. However, the quality (and quantity) of the toppings, inconsistency of the sauce and overall taste have left us very disappointed. We used to order several pizza's for home birthday parties, as it was always a popular choice in our family. However the last time we ordered, the pizzas had almost no sauce or toppings on them. (We should have complained, but didn’t). It was almost like someone else has taken over the kitchen! Not sure what happened to our once favourite little pizza place, but it has lost us probably forever. So sad....

2  Thank lauraball
nickssteakhouse, Owner at Nick's Steak House & Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Hi Lauraball,

Thank you for your detailed comments and feedback. I'm incredible sad to read this review and to hear that a long time customer is disapointed. I do wish you had expressed this concern during your last order so we could have resolved the issue immediately. Here at Nick's, we pride ourselves on offering high quality fresh ingredients, and our team always aims to treat all of our customer like family, and I'm sorry to hear your last experience didn't met those standards. Please send me an email to nicksteakhouse@gmail.com - we take customer feedback to heart and would love the opportunity to make this right.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Firstly, it was a great meal. One of us had a burger the other a steak. Both were great. We were in the side with lots of TVs to watch sports. I loved all the old school football photos, team pics, etc. Highly recommend!

nickssteakhouse, Owner at Nick's Steak House & Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Hey FGOG,

Thank you very much for the 5 star review! It's always great to hear that our customers had a delicious meal and a taste of our family/football culture. We hope to see you again soon for the next big game.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

My wife n I were staying at the nearby Hampton Inn.
Heavy traffic was a consideration at eating close by.
Entering brought back memories of steak houses in the 70s...in a very good way.. wood..the lighting..all of it.
Spotlessly clean as well.
SERVICE; Provided by ERIC.. if it wasn't for his t-shirt and jeans...the attentiveness and attention to detail was nothing short of FIRST CLASS.. possibly one of the best services I've had...
My veal cutlets were underwhelming...heavy coat of breading...little gravy.. baked potato, salad with house dressing was excellent...
My spouse had the Greek chicken "special", was flavorful and filling.
DEFIINATELY BEST PART OF MEAL WAS SERVICE AND AMBIANCE.
Expect to pay 20.00 and up for entrees..

1  Thank Jim R
nickssteakhouse, Owner at Nick's Steak House & Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Hey Jim R,

Thank you so much for your detailed review! We appreciate your feedback and comments! I'm so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your meal, the service and our retro ambience. Please visit us again soon!