“Old time favourite ”

Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Beltline
Description: Sit Down and Take out
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

So I used to eat here when I lived in Calgary after being out for the night. It is raucous and rowdy after the bars let out and they used to line up to get in. I have not been back for years, but the ginger beef and salt and pepper squid were stellar. I had about two years ago, and it was outstanding and exactly as I remembered. I don't 5 star rate often, and would have done so after my last visit. This time, however, I was let down. The squid did not have thin sliced onions throughout, and the beef did not have carrot slivers and was missing the heat I used to love. So disappointed to not be able to 5 star rate, but this is based on this visit. Peter - not sure if this is because you were in Vegas? Gotta get this back to the consistency that earned you the loyal following.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

After years of hearing about how great Singapore Sam's was from my boyfriend I was super excited to try it but found it to be a major let down, service and staff was great but the food did notenit meet expectations. We had the spicy squid and it was under cooked and you could taste the flour and the ginger beef was a huge let down no spice and was not crispy. Maybe it was once a great place but did not live up to the hype or expectations.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We went there many times; we like the buffet with many vegetarian/vegan option; They glady show us what was available and even offered a special Mongolie grill with veggies and sauce of our choice.
Very friendly service. Good food.
Few desserts Available.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is great and an awesome late night food location. Highly recommend for your posts drinks meal!

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Ordered Take Out Last Night and regretted it the moment we started to unpack the bag.
Salt & Pepper Seafood, old, cold and horrible batter
Pork Balls - Fatty and greasy
Egg Foo Yung - Burnt tasting and bland
Honey Garlic Spareribs - HORRENDOUS BONE CHIPS coated in a horrible tasting dark brown sauce, tasting like they found last weeks buffet pan and scraped out the remains and heated them up before putting them in our order.
Spring Rolls - only redeeming item in the bag.

Management should be fired for allowing food of such poor quality to be served. Please tell me downtown Calgarians don't actually eat here sober and like it. Oh The Humanity!

PS: Service was fast LOL

Been to Singapore Sam's? Share your experiences!