“Delicious Soup”
Review of Hot Point Fusion

Hot Point Fusion
Ranked #2,547 of 3,790 Restaurants in Calgary
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

I was really craving soup last night so my girlfriend suggested that we go to Hot Point Fusion Cafe. It was my first hot pot experience and it was a good one. We had the Beef Hot Soup and added wide vermicelli noodles and kimchi to it. We also had an order of curry fish balls and chicken wings. The wings were a bit plain and just had a tempura batter but they were cooked to absolute perfection. I will definitely be back here and I can't wait to try a more traditional hot pot experience after this introduction.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I have been to this restaurant many times in the past year and the soups and freshness of the meat and vegetables used to outstanding and the hot pot used to be brimming with overflowing meat, fresh vegetables, and rich flavours and it entices you to wanted to come back to sample other dishes. Today, the waitress was quite pleasant (new), however when my soup arrived, it consist of mainly all broth, a couple of tomato slices, spoiled cabbage mixed in with a couple of fresh cabbage, old broccoli that looked like it was cooked previously as it was yellow and fell apart, a couple pieces of sliced of baby corn & so call slices of fresh corn (sour taste), a few strand of bean curds and rice noodles, & other wilted looking vegetables that also tasted dated. Realistically, the variety of vegetable that was use today was substandard and not worth eating. Very disappointing and I still had to pay for it. Certainly will not be bringing my business group here for lunch. Also, their new policy bring in 6 people or more, automatic 15% tipping for per person.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

My wife decided to give this place another chance after the bad service we received last month. Nothing improved and service has gone down even more. We have a party of 5 for dinner. No water (honestly, it is tap water) served even after we asked. Then, at the end, they automatically added 15% tips on the bill.... and told you that this is mentioned in the menu (party of 5 added 15% auto tips). Food is getting worse and worse each time. It seems that they do not understand the current economy of Calgary. Terrible service and poor food quality is the recipe of failure. If you really like this combination, try this place..... hope this place will disappear soon. It's a disgrace to the city!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

No need to say any more.... this place is empty at 7pm on Saturday.... tells you how good this place is. The worst is the service... they use a baby size cup for water.. and customers have to ask 3 times before they can get water. If you dont know, you really think they have to pay the city a lot to get water to serve the customers. Highly suggested not to try.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I are regular customer but after our experience today which ia truly disappointing, I WILL NEVER COME BACK! They keep on changing their policies, price is now more expensive but the service is getting worst!!! They charge automatic service charge of 15% for 5 or more people (it was 6 or more prior) which is ok and I understand but counting infants (2yrs old and under) is ridiculous. Plus each person is required to order a drink or a hotpot even kids!!!! My kids (4 and 2yr old) CANNOT finish a drink or a hotpot so it was a waste of MONEY! It's like you do not freedom to eat what you want. What if I only want a dessert? I am not sure if they change management or what because it was never like this before. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE. yes their hotpot is good but the service is POOR!!! Sorry they lost another regular customer. Just like the other recent review, this place is not the same!!! The quality of food has gone DOWN.. now there's more cabbage on soup! Meh.. no thanks!