All reviews bed was comfortable air conditioner great room lounge expo yellowhead curtains
Reviewed 24 October 2015

I really don't know where to start. The gentlemen at the front desk were very friendly and helpful, but our experience with the rest of the hotel and room were not too appealing. The elevator was filthy...yes it was small but it could still have been clean. Then we walked into our room and it smelled so bad. We had to open the window to air it out. The bathroom was horrendous to say the very least!! The tub looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months, with hair and an old empty shampoo bottle in the corner! The floor was dirty with hair and dirt in the corners, and the heater was...oh my...grossly dirty! There was only one hard chair to sit on, no couch or another chair which seemed odd as there was a space that looked like it probably would accommodate a couch. The only thing good was the bed...it was comfy. It was not a pleasant experience, and I am not one with high expectations when it comes to a hotel. I just like it CLEAN! We had heard it had been renovated so we did think it would be decent. I don't usually complain but did feel this time I needed to do just that. $99 for this and no breakfast....all I could say was wow! The hotel emailed me after our stay and said they hoped our stay exceeded our expectations (lol). I emailed them back expressing my feeling about our stay....no reply. Nothing.

Room tip: I have no suggestions. Our view was horrible
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank hunieBz
Christee R, General Manager at Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

I am sorry that you felt your email went unreconized as I was not able to view it. May I ask that you send me your email or phone number please so we can discuss.
christee@sandshoteledm.com
780-474-5476 #261

Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

Check in was not that friendly at all. Maybe was waiting their time. Our beds were definitely broken in!! I was in a double alone and that's a good thing cause if l wasn't in the middle all night l would have rolled off the bed.
Definitely needs to be upgraded.
The staff in the bar... Absolutely discusting. The manager was an absolute ignorant woman , didn't care about her customers at all.
Would never stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Kerri F
AmritGrewal, General Manager at Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

I am very sorry about your experience in our Hotel. Our staff work very hard to maintain the standards that we apply, and I am sorry that they were not followed through on your visit.
I have tried to locate your name in our system so I can rectify any mattress issues that we may have but unfortunately cannot find your name in our Folio.
May I ask you to email or call me so I may speak to you?

Reviewed 10 September 2015

I stayed at sands for about a month and thoroughly enjoyed my time with them, not only was it spic and span as the housekeeping was available on a daily basis but the atmosphere was warm and inviting. my room had a queen size bed a microwave and flat screen tv with an awesome air conditioner. The food was excellent my particular favorite was the burger and the ceaser salad is to die for. The staff were ready and able to help with any request very positive and friendly from the kitchen to front desk all the way up to management. All in all it was a great stay and i would stay again. it had a home away from home vibe. I would definitely stay again and again. All i can say is thank you for the warmth and kindness that was shown to me.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Christee R, General Manager at Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2016

I am pleased that you were able to feel like you were "home" with your long term stay!
Staying this long, if you had suggestions that we could offer more to our long term guests, I would like to hear them!
Great comments for all staff!
Thank you!

Reviewed 24 July 2015 via mobile

The hotel was dirty. The room, lobby and elevator were unclean to the point of neglect. The showed fluctuated between cold and scalding bursts of water that made the shower unsafe to use - thank goodness there wasn't a child using the shower or they would have been injured. A refund on the room was requested and ignored. Never received a call from the manager despite an assurances something would be done regarding the bill.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jason568
Christee R, General Manager at Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2016

I hope next time you are in Edmonton and in our area you will book one of our renovated rooms. I am sure you will be pleased with the changes!

Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

The Sands (Fort road) was disgusting the floors had not been cleaned and the walls were cover in bodily fluids. When I informed the staff of the problem it took over 3 hours to find a solution and the compensation we received was a room dirtier than the original room.

Date of stay: July 2015