“On the pricey end for a steakhouse, but good service and good enough food”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - South Edmonton Common
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - South Edmonton Common is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 2,611 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2016

This is a very busy steakhouse, but it is on the up-end for steakhouse price. Very busy. Waited 15 minutes to get in. They text you or give you a beeper. Service was excellent. The waiters were primarily male and generally too old to be students, which tells you that they make enough money for it to be a regular job. The appetizers were good. The bacon on the bacon-wrapped scallops was undedone, but the garlic shrimp (served in an escargo dish) were good and came with small buns. The calamari was the best of the three appetizers. The serving was generous and the sauces (greek yoghurt and sweet chili) were a good contrast. The clamari was also nicely deep-fried, rather than the overdone crunchy sort that one often gets. The entres: Keg Burger, 6oz sirloin and bacon wrapped chicken were good. The chicken came with an interesting asparagus puree. The Keg Burgers came with fries and a coleslaw that contained way too much onion. The sirloin comes with a choice of side. The mixed vegetables were lightly cooked bell peppers, carrots, asparagus and green beens. Again a generous portion to go with the nicely cooked sirloin. The menu contains a helpful explanation of what terms like "medium well" mean in this restaurant, so that you can communicate more accurately about how you want your steak cooked. For dessert, cheesecake with sour cherry was nice, but the creme brulee was excellent - silky smooth with a crispy top. Reservations advised - this place can be very busy.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

I try to make it to the Keg at least once a month for a treat, I have always left pleased and stuffed, i try to not go on friday nights at 6 PM to avoid the waiting for a seat and if you can't stand noise go to the sawmill they are usually empty due to poor quality food,

Reviewed 16 March 2016

The food taste good,We not sure what we ate, But for me with food allgeries ,The cook ,Cooked something I can eat,We were there in 2009"

Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

I made a reservation online for weds night at 730, I am glad I did for it was very busy. I had the pistachio salmon which was delicious! Cooked to perfection! My friend had the prime rib., he enjoyed it and it was cooked to his liking, we were seated at a table for 2 near the fireplace and it was very loud. The service excellent s always!

Reviewed 10 March 2016

First of all, you will wait a long time to be seated at peak hours, but they have a cool automated text message to let you know when your table is ready. It's just a really popular, busy place. The restaurant feel like a huge maze inside, but most tables are pretty cozy.
My guest and I each ordered a steak with a stuffed potato (that's supposedly "twice baked") but both of them were ice cold in the middle. The server apologized and took it away, returning a few minutes later with new potato for each plate. These ones were also cold, but it took another 5 minutes to flag down a waiter. Again. So this time the manager says he will investigate. Apparently (he said) the stoves were new and the cooks did not know how long to keep the potatoes in the oven. Meanwhile our steaks got cold, because we wanted t eat them at the same time as our potatoes. The manager put our plates under a heat lamp while the third batch of potatoes warmed up, and finally we could eat. Lucky number three I guess!