“Best Steak & Lobster”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - South Edmonton Common
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - South Edmonton Common is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 2,660 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Went for Dinner last night with friends. I ordered the steak and lobster with the twice baked potato.
The lobster was the best I have had since I don't know when. Everyone truly enjoyed their meals

Reviewed 13 September 2017

For consistently great food, service and atmosphere! Vishal was our superb waiter, taking time to explain and answer our numerous questions. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. The Keg Burger was one of the best I have ever had, juicy and so tasty. I loved the fact that I could have asparagus as an accompaniment, and was not limited to strictly a starchy choice such as fries, potato or rice.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Been coming here for years. Always a great steak and meal for a fair price. Always busy and lively. I like it.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Let me begin by saying that my husband is the fussiest man I have known. If counting, perhaps there are 101 things he won't do, eat, wear, etc. He is however, the best at his element - the barbecue grill. Needless to say, every time we dine out, he usually has negatives to comment. Well then, on this visit I was amazed to hear him say, "this is the best Prime Rib I have eaten!" and with a smile, to boot.

I started with the Shrimp Cocktail (5 large shrimps @ $15). Needless to say, I (emphasized) savored every bite and chew of each $3 shrimp!! My main course was the Top Sirloin with Lobster. Always preferring Dungeness crab thus not a lobster for the past oh 2 decades, I started with the lobster. It was fresh and pre-cut from the shell. DELICIOUS!! Needless to say, I was already full and could not tackle the sirloin meat. I had to slice once to try it anyway, then another thin slice because it too, was perfectly done to my specification. Ok, I am extremely pleased! Beyond pleased, my tummy was so happy! But.... first sip of my Long Island Iced Tea, my satisfaction and smile became a frown. It was the worst taste of my favourite drink that I ever had! Too strong on the lime. I really HAD to request our Server to bring it back to the Bartender to rectify the mix by reducing the ice and to put more cola in it. He did. It was corrected. Then it tasted better. Server gave a verbal apology (dang, not a free drink!). Apology accepted.

Atmosphere: Not as loud as it used to be, maybe because we were there earlier (fivish?) than the usual dining time.

Dress code: None. I was mildly disappointed. If I were to dress up for a "date" or for a very important occassion, or I rarely go out dining so it is a big deal to go, it is unsettling to see in the next cubicle people in short pants and runners.

Cost: $120 for 2 people + tip.That's for 1 appetizer, 2 main courses, 1 pop and 1 Long Island Iced Tea.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Treated myself to the Keg tonight or so i thought. I was able to get a table right i tbe lounge so seated myself there. Ordered escargot to start which were done in a more spicy sauce than the usual butter im use to. They were ok but im not a fan. Went with the classic prime rib for the main which comes woth choice of salad, i chose garsen greens again just ok coming with a bland vinigrette mushrooms beans sweet peppers and choice of side going with asparagus. The vegetables came with very little seasonings except for the mushrooms which were excellent. The prime rib was cooked as desired but not as juicy as I'm use too. The waitress only came around to take my order and then not again until i was nearly sone my meal.
Overall the meal was good but not the best beef in the city I'm use too.