The hotel itself looks like its had a facelift, however the inside has shown some wear and tear. My bathroom was clean but it could use a revamp as the tub had a chip in it. Also upon check in, there was a dead giant black fly by one of the chairs. Easy to miss but it shows that the room itself could have been paid a little bit more detail.
Parking is extremely expensive. $30 overnight but you get in and out privileges. I opted to park on the city street meters as I arrived after 6pm on a Friday for free. Careful though as the meter comes into effect in the morning at 9am -6pm Monday - Saturday. It is a way to save. $1/hour on saturdays, more on weekdays, free on sundays and holidays.
If you can't be bothered with moving your car or just want peace of mind, I did look around and see that the Edmonton Public Library Parkade is cheaper at $20 for overnight. The impark lot in front of the hotel is just expensive. Walk a block, its not that far in all honesty and save some of your hard earned money.
The bistro and outdoor patio overlooks the river valley and is a great view. Prices are reasonable for a hotel. If you are looking for a better drink (some scotch perhaps) there is a Fairmont next door. However if its beers and appetizers give their bistro a shot.
Buffet breakfast containing hot and cold items can be had for $18 and includes a coffee/juice. If you're hungry, great choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This downtown Edmonton hotel is conveniently located next to Shaw Conference Centre and other Edmonton attractions. Experience the new state-of-the-art lobby at Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton Downtown hotel, Edmonton's foremost business-class hotel, specializing in casual riverside luxury. This Edmonton Downtown hotel features 177 tastefully appointed guestrooms with free WiFi and a mini-fridge for your convenience. Panoramic views of the river valley and our downtown business district add to the excitement of this magnificent Edmonton hotel. An excellent choice among Edmonton restaurants, our Riverside Bistro serves delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our Meeting Rooms offer a spectacular view of the river valley with floor-to-ceiling windows. Facilitating groups of 2 - 100 people, our Meeting Rooms are designed to ensure that every need is met. Among Edmonton hotels and meeting facilities the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton Downtown stands above the rest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Courtyard Edmonton Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Edmonton Downtown Hotel Edmonton
- Edmonton Courtyard
- Courtyard Edmonton Downtown Alberta