“Tasty Steak Dinner for Good Value ”

Coliseum Pizza & Steak
Ranked #61 of 2,616 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

A very generous 12 oz New York, medium-rare, was flavourful and done perfectly. Server came to check plates and even substituted some of the baked potatoes to ensure freshness and good taste! Salads were fresh and in appropriate portion. Very attentive serving staff. This is no high-class, pretentious establishment - tasty food in a cozy / sporty / "Oilers shrine" atmosphere. Recommend it highly if you are carnivorous and want a filling, tasty, good value meal.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

My cousin brought my husband and I out to the Coliseum Pizzas & Steak restaurant on our visit to Edmonton. She hadn't been there for a while but she remembered it having an excellent pizza.
We ordered a pizza with an appetizer of escargot to have before out pizza and my husband ordered a steak with french fries and a small caesar salad to come with the meal.
My husband got his caesar salad within minutes and he just put it aside instead of letting our server know that he wanted it with his meal as he had specified. After about 20 minutes we got our pizza but we had not received our escargot. When I asked our server about it she just looked baffled as to what could have happened to it and asked me if we wanted to reorder it?? This made me wonder if she had even ordered it to begin with. We told her no thanks as our pizza was already served. My husband got his steak with a small amount of the day vegetable but no fries. When he asked the server for fries she just kind of looked and said "oh yeah," went back to the kitchen and came out five minutes later with his fries.
It was hard to get our server's attention to order another drink as the place was mediocre busy but there were very few servers. I wondered why they wouldn't have more servers on a Friday night.
The pizza was good but not excellent as we had asked for it to be well done as both my cousin and I like a very crispy crust ... and it was not well done (kind of mushy in the middle).
I would not recommend this restaurant because of not getting our order right, being ignored by our server and not feeling like we were getting any value for our buck!

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

I had the Greek salad - good olives and feta chunks.
Lunch partner had baked lasagna - he enjoyed it too.
Service was proficient and quick enough for lunch.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

There's a reason they have been here for 40 years! While you look at the price and think wow things are expensive but once you get the dish, you realize why. Service is awesome and food, well just absolutely amazing and you get so much. tonight friends came together for my birthday to have dinner and everyone enjoyed themselves so much. As always, my ribs were just perfect. Thank you. A++++ To all the staff!

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Been coming here for years and never a bad meal.

Hands down - the best steaks in town. Their special of the day is usually a steak dinner or steak and lobster. Always done perfectly. The pizzas and pasta dishes are also the best in town.

Service is great, ample parking. Always one of our family's favorites.