“First class food and service”

Von's Steak & Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Von's Steak & Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 2,556 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gateway Boulevard
Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

To get things started I've been coming to vons for quite a few years. What I appreciate the most is the attention to detail with customer service and the high level quality of the food. It's one of the best for that considering our United States counterparts- where I've travelled to many times. The service here is close to the level of fine steakhouses ala dickie Brennan's in New Orleans and the Capitol grille in Seattle- I said close not on par. The food here and the instruments to create such quality of food is fantastic. They have a broiler that goes to 1800 degrees and the results from the prime rib to the rib eye are phenomenal. If you are a connoisseur of good food you won't be disappointed by the oysters and the meat. The buck a shuck deal before 630 is fantastic and a good icebreaker to their selection of entrees. I love this place. I always leave feeling fantastic and wanting more. Do try the steak fries as a side with a perfectly seasoned ribeye with the bone marrow. Creme brûlée is a good finish. Along with the glenrothes alba. The prime rib with the Yorkshire pudding is phenomenal. I love this place they treat Alberta beef with the respect it deserves.

1  Thank Rene F

Reviewed 30 November 2016

This is the place for oysters in Edmonton especially if you take advantage of Buck a Shuck. Great value! The atmosphere is classy but not too fussy. For dinner I'm not as sold, while the food is delicious and there are some unique recipes I think the value is lacking and you could get a delicious steak at another establishment of similar quality for less. My boyfriend had the rack of lamb which was also nice but not a very impressive portion for the price. Service is above average.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

we were seated at the oyster bar cause our table wasn't ready..we were early.what a selection of oysters..so we had about 30 raw oysters and they were all fantastic...fresh..tasty and the shaved horseradish was awesome. the staff were very nice and informative.we both could of stayed at the oyster bar all nite.we got seated with no rush from our servers.had the filet and the rib steaks..both were incredibly tasty.i've been to several restaurants and this one I will remember for ever. and I will be coming back for sure.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

We had some fabulous oysters here! Loved the homemade sauces the brown sugar and the mustard pickle were our favourites (with a splash of soy sauce & tobasco sauce of course...) we came here both for dinner and then for a Sunday 'buck a shuck' to watch the football game. We liked the formal dining but my husband had a hard time taking off his ball cap when they said he had to remove it - a bit awkward for him since we were already seated (he felt a bit embarrassed).
To start our sink gaining we had the crab shack oysters which I didn't like but my husband really enjoyed then we shared the Seafood Platter for 2 - everything was lovely and crept the mussels we both didn't care for them. For dessert the terra mousse and cheesecake were quite good - I wish I had gone for the key lime pie though.
When we went for the Sunday lounge experience before the game we had the charcuterie plate, fresh oysters, steak bites & mushroom Neptune. The steak bites were phenomenal (my husband said that 5 times while I was writing this review 'be sure to tell them the steak bites were phenomenal). The charcuterie plate was awesome except for the pickles, they were all smoked - too much smoked pickles for us we would preferred some regular or sweet pickles. The mushroom Neptune was ok.
All in all we would definitely come back to try some more things off the menu.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

Great food and service. Oysters were fresh and for the first try I enjoyed. Prime Rib and lamb was good. Cory was a great server.