“Great Italian (4 1/2 Stars)”
Review of Piccolino Bistro

Piccolino Bistro
Ranked #82 of 2,531 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Dined here March 23rd, 2017. Thursday night it wasn't busy but steady with regular (Italian) customers and people coming in for take-out. This was my first time here.

My Son and I enjoyed our meal. I had that nights special - a pan seared chicken breast with shrimp & oyster mushrooms, asparagus and fresh peas in I think a basil sauce. It was very good! I going to try copying this one at home for sure - this would make one Boss dinner party meal.

My son had a regular pasta dish, the diavolo and said it was one of the best pastas he's had in a long time. He's 19 and left stuffed.

Service was very good, friendly; they took good care of us there. The prices were in line with expectations and the meal (& not more then you would pay at one of the chains). Good presentation. The joint was clean and neat as a pin.

I wish there were half stars - I did think this was a 4&1/2 star meal. I would have given 5 but our starter was the calamari plate. Nicely presented but likely prepackaged and very salty. No problem eating it & I like salt, but just a bit much, just OK.

So give this place a try when you're in the mood for a pasta fix. I like their menu and will be back to try some of the other regular entrees that caught my eye.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

These guys just re opened after being closed by the department of health, roaches,mice etc. I was expecting a much better service but was not impressed at all. I will be taking this off of my list of restaurants.

1  Thank Craig A
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Ate lunch here a couple of times in the past few weeks and both times were impressed with everything. Some pasta dishes, some salad, some pizza and everything has been quite tasty, fresh and well prepared. Prices, as noted earlier, are a little on the high side, but the portion sizes are crazy big. Way too much for a lunch dish, but oh so good!

Best part about this place is the service, friendly and sincere without being over the top, but you really fell welcome at this place. Like an old friend and it certainly sets it apart from the typical big box type restaurants that are so numerous these days.

Have yet to be disappointed with anything and will certainly be back! Good job Piccolino!!

Reviewed 22 February 2017

My first visit to Piccolino's was definitely good enough to make me recommend it to others and want to go back again. I had seafood linguini with rose sauce while my SO had the capelini with peppers and shrimp in creamy garlic sauce. We shared with each other and were both impressed with the dishes. we also had calamari for an appie which was pretty good - nowhere near the best I've had, but nowhere near the worst either. Portions were huge - enough for a couple of lunches each!

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Went there for the first time this weekend. Quaint little place. Service was friendly, quick. Food was amazing! Was leary about the price, most pasta & entree dishes at least $25, but the portions were huge!!!!! Got 2 good sized meals out of it. Would definitely go here again!