“Still scrubbing it off me!”
Review of Lodge Motor Inn

Lodge Motor Inn
Lodge Motor Inn
Ranked #87 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 19 February 2013

They warned me about the smell of smoke in the room so I can't complain about that. Although they didn't mention that it is pot smoke. They sent me away for three hours so they could clean but when I can back I am not sure what the were cleaning. The floor was covered with...? I think it might have been dead bugs but am not sure. The toilet was not flushed and there was bloody urine on the the toilet seat. I give this a three hairs down, one long black hair in the shower, a scattering of facial hairs in the sink and short curly hairs in the bath. I have stayed at many a motel, some very cheap. I don't mind a worn look, or an acceptable dirtiness, or aged character. This was willful neglect for $92.00, not just disgusting but also a rip off. Still waiting for the refund for the day I didn't book but which they charged me. Stay away unless you are desperate and you have a strong stomach.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank TCCoyote

Reviewed 13 August 2012

You are not allowed to have visitors. Staff stands outside the entire night to make sure of this. You are not allowed to visit someone who is another room at the same hotel. Again staff make sure of this. Lastly which is the most absurd thing, although I was staying in this hotel with my wife and kids the staff was not able to connect me to my wife in the room while I was out simply stating because it was "sleeping time".

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Jamal416
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This is our 4th time staying at this hotel with our 18 month old baby. We love to drive up to Edmonton from Olds for shopping and foods during long weekends. The hotel is located only a minute away from the West Edmonton Mall, less than 10 min away from all of our favorite restaurants and pretty close to downtown! We didn't expect much from this hotel because it's not a name brand hotel, however we were very surprised that the money you pay is not just comparable to what you get! The beds are so comfortable and new that you don't wanna get out of the bed every morning (I even asked where they buy bed!!)! The blankets are a bit old fashion, but still clean, and relatively new. A newly renovated bathroom. New management, I heard from the guy at the receptionist, great service, and when we last went there they just changed the entire doors and windows, which looked alot nicer. Looked like they did quite a bit of renovations. The only downside was the outdoor parking, but we couldn't find any hotels with underground parking around that area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy T
Reviewed 5 January 2011

went to town for holiday shopping and stayed here for the weekend with my family and kids.
their are a few places in this area that we've tried that are comparable in price. $85/night, for the price, lodge motor inn was the best place to stay by west edmonton mall. i've stayed in the yellow motel across from it last time when we were in town, they have "free breakfast" which turned out to be unedible, and the rooms were disgusting.
lodge motor inn has newish management and i guess they are in the process of redoing the place with about half the rooms repainted, carpets redone and the beds pretty comfortable. pretty quiet too.
the only downside to this place is that the pillows are less than ideal.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank travelalotalot
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Stayed here one night on our way out to the coast on a cross Canada road trip. You get what you pay for; room was only $79 for the night. Furniture and carpets are a bit worst for wear, but the place was clean. Beds were comfortable, and the room size in general was above average. I would stay here again....

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends