“Bad Choice - Never Again”
Review of Lodge Motor Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lodge Motor Inn
Ranked #88 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 3 January 2015

This hotel is dated; probably a nice place in the 80's? Mom and Pop operation, staff was friendly. Room was smelly and dirty. Bed sheets and comforter were thread-bare. No coffee. No Wi Fi - almost didn't stay, but had dog with me. Place was not any more economical; could have stayed at a much nicer hotel for the price. The hotel's website is very deceiving; it looks like a decent place to stay. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Many motels and inns in the area; choose another.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank wej2011

Reviewed 19 September 2014 via mobile

We had a good sleep, room is clean for the price. You make a $50 deposit but you get it back when you check out; except someone was knocking on our door late. But we didn't open the door.The only thing missing; there is no coffee in the room.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ronnie T
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We ended up here because the first hotel we tried was booked, the second wanted to charge us $50+tax extra for our two pets and the third did not allow cats. Staff was pleasant enough, room was worn and dated but completely spotless. No wifi, no alarm clock and no coffee maker. There was a woman living out of the room next to us with four children who ran rampant the entire time. Other than that it was a pleasant stay and a good price compared to the other hotels around ($200 a night for one bed in a best western?!?). It's also less than 10 minutes from the mall.

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Aeolson1
Reviewed 19 February 2013

They warned me about the smell of smoke in the room so I can't complain about that. Although they didn't mention that it is pot smoke. They sent me away for three hours so they could clean but when I can back I am not sure what the were cleaning. The floor was covered with...? I think it might have been dead bugs but am not sure. The toilet was not flushed and there was bloody urine on the the toilet seat. I give this a three hairs down, one long black hair in the shower, a scattering of facial hairs in the sink and short curly hairs in the bath. I have stayed at many a motel, some very cheap. I don't mind a worn look, or an acceptable dirtiness, or aged character. This was willful neglect for $92.00, not just disgusting but also a rip off. Still waiting for the refund for the day I didn't book but which they charged me. Stay away unless you are desperate and you have a strong stomach.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank TCCoyote
Reviewed 13 August 2012

You are not allowed to have visitors. Staff stands outside the entire night to make sure of this. You are not allowed to visit someone who is another room at the same hotel. Again staff make sure of this. Lastly which is the most absurd thing, although I was staying in this hotel with my wife and kids the staff was not able to connect me to my wife in the room while I was out simply stating because it was "sleeping time".

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family