“Great food, slow/poor service”
Review of Ric's Grill - CLOSED

Ric's Grill
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kitty Corner to Staples
Description: Opened Jun 2010
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I love the food, especially the appetizers at Ric's Grill! So once again, I was not disappointed. However, the service end of things is questionable. It took about 5 minutes for a hostess to come and greet me and seat me. Then it was probably another 5 minutes for the server to come. After ordering a drink...that took another 5 minutes. My meal came out in good time. When I was finished my meal, plates were taken away...and I sat, and sat..probably for 15 minutes. I finally had to catch my server's attention from across the room, and ask her to bring my bill.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I made a reservation for a dinner for two on a Saturday night. Our table was ready early for us we got seated immediately. They serve a wonderful fresh baguette of sourdough bread with whipped butter - delicious! Then we ordered the seafood cakes and almond goat cheese for appetizers. They were fairly small but oh my goodness so incredibly delicious! Wow!! I had the salmon speciality with the chefs potatoes and seasonal vegetables and Wow! So good! My husband had the prime rib special and I had a bite so tender and actually cooked perfectly! We had dessert as well the ginger toffee cake and the creme Brule. Both were awesome! We were highly impressed with Rics Grill and we will 100% go back. We had a wonderful waitress but we also noticed that everyone worked together as a team and helped each other. It was a fantastic experience and we will go back!

Emma L, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your review of Ric's Grill Grande Prairie on Trip Advisor. It is always great to hear excellent experiences and I am glad to hear that you also enjoyed our staff! Thank you, and we look forward to serving you again!

Ric's Grill Grande Prairie

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Was here with a large group for a supper. The service was great, the restaurant itself has a great vibe/atmosphere. I had a steak and it was ok... Nothing spectacular but it was ok. I figured for the price (over $30) it would be better. I did get the seafood enhancement and it was very tasty! I would go back to try out different cuts or options.

Emma L, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your review of Ric's Grill Grande Prairie on Trip Advisor. We always appreciate all feedback. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your cut of steak that you selected as much as you were hoping, but am sure that your next visit will be fantastic! If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to share more about your experience, please give me a call at the restaurant at 780-539-7422 or email at emma.lambert@ricsgrill.com

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Paid way too much for an average steak. Lots of fat and not as tender as they claim. Service was good. Not a great beer selection. Quite noisy. Seemed to be mostly business people eating there.

Emma L, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor of Ric's Grill Grande Prairie. We appreciate the feedback. SOrry to hear that you did not enjoy our Sterling Silver AAA Canadian steaks, or our beer selection. IF you would like to discuss your experience more with us, please contact myself, Emma Lambert, Operating Partner, at 780-539-7422 or email me at emma.lambert@ricsgrill.com

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Great food, great service, and great atmosphere. They had a good selection of foreign beers and wines and never had an empty drink in hand.

Emma L, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our steaks as much as we do here at Ric's Grill Grande Prairie. Thank you for the review, as well as the compliments. We are glad that you also enjoyed our craft beer selection, and we will see you the next time you are craving either!

Ric's Grill Grande Prairie