“Excellent”
Review of Ric's Grill - CLOSED

Ric's Grill
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kitty Corner to Staples
Description: Opened Jun 2010
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I've been 3 or 4 times in the last year & I've always found the food & service to be top quality! I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone who wanted a great evening of dining out. The prices are in line with the quality & quantity of the food.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Not all of us are making a lot of money, remember... a gap between the rich and the poor? This is a place that is slanted towards the very affluent in the oilfields of Alberta, and frankly, the food is a disappointment. I had the salmon, which was at a staggering amount, and it was almost raw and the pilaf was indifferently made and the vegetable hard and unimaginative. The wine list was so astronomical that we could not even bother, except a glass each of rather boring Shiraz. Not again.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I love the food, especially the appetizers at Ric's Grill! So once again, I was not disappointed. However, the service end of things is questionable. It took about 5 minutes for a hostess to come and greet me and seat me. Then it was probably another 5 minutes for the server to come. After ordering a drink...that took another 5 minutes. My meal came out in good time. When I was finished my meal, plates were taken away...and I sat, and sat..probably for 15 minutes. I finally had to catch my server's attention from across the room, and ask her to bring my bill.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I made a reservation for a dinner for two on a Saturday night. Our table was ready early for us we got seated immediately. They serve a wonderful fresh baguette of sourdough bread with whipped butter - delicious! Then we ordered the seafood cakes and almond goat cheese for appetizers. They were fairly small but oh my goodness so incredibly delicious! Wow!! I had the salmon speciality with the chefs potatoes and seasonal vegetables and Wow! So good! My husband had the prime rib special and I had a bite so tender and actually cooked perfectly! We had dessert as well the ginger toffee cake and the creme Brule. Both were awesome! We were highly impressed with Rics Grill and we will 100% go back. We had a wonderful waitress but we also noticed that everyone worked together as a team and helped each other. It was a fantastic experience and we will go back!

Emma L, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your review of Ric's Grill Grande Prairie on Trip Advisor. It is always great to hear excellent experiences and I am glad to hear that you also enjoyed our staff! Thank you, and we look forward to serving you again!

Emma Lambert
Operating Partner
Ric's Grill Grande Prairie

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Was here with a large group for a supper. The service was great, the restaurant itself has a great vibe/atmosphere. I had a steak and it was ok... Nothing spectacular but it was ok. I figured for the price (over $30) it would be better. I did get the seafood enhancement and it was very tasty! I would go back to try out different cuts or options.

Emma L, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your review of Ric's Grill Grande Prairie on Trip Advisor. We always appreciate all feedback. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your cut of steak that you selected as much as you were hoping, but am sure that your next visit will be fantastic! If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to share more about your experience, please give me a call at the restaurant at 780-539-7422 or email at emma.lambert@ricsgrill.com

Emma Lambert