“Poor”
Review of Ric's Grill - CLOSED

Ric's Grill
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kitty Corner to Staples
Description: Opened Jun 2010
Reviewed 10 September 2014 via mobile

We went in at 6pm to a near empty restaurant. We ordered from a friendly and efficient waitress. Two of us had lobster which was undercooked. When we told the server she just shrugged and asked if we wanted dessert.
We hadn't been to Ric's Grill for several months and it'll be a very very long time before we go back. It's to bad cause the overall seating and decor is lovely but the food was horrible.
No manager showed up to our table to hear our grievances so that means management is poor too.

2  Thank mpb59

Reviewed 31 August 2014

I just came back from an absolutely disappointing meal at Ric's Grill Grande Prairie.
Our reservation was for 6:00pm, the restaurant was not yet busy.
There were five us, and we were celebrating the birthday of one of the ladies in our group.
The service started off very well.
Our waitress was polite but needed to be reminded to serve the ladies first.

After cocktails and appetizers our meals came out. I had ordered the 7 oz sirloin medium rare. It came out perfectly stone cold. The other 4 meals were nice and hot although the scallops in my husband's seafood linguine were under done (he never sends anything back).

I asked the hostess to get our waitress and expressed to the young lady that my meal was cold. She left my caesar salad with me to eat while she took the steak and vegetables back.

When she returned with my steak, the vegetables were still stone cold and the steak was now burnt on the outside and still very rare in the middle but at least it was hot. The waitress then began to lecture me that medium rare steaks are not hot in the middle. I expressed that I really didn't need a lecture on how a steak should be cooked or the temperature it should be in the middle. I also expressed that since I had only cut into the very outside of the steak that the cook's explanation did not hold much water.

As a former general manager of restaurants I found the entire "explanation" to be rude and uncalled for. I was totally put off by the fact that my vegetables were still ice cold, but since the waitress never came back to see how my meal was the second time, I was not given the opportunity to express my dismay. I left the restaurant feeling exceedingly disappointed.

For the prices that this chain charges, they should have experienced staff on the line that know how to cook a steak. After all, a steak is the mainstay of most restaurants and if you can't get a basic meal right, then something is terribly wrong.

Without a doubt, it was the absolute worst $27 steak I have had in a long time.

Ric's Grill can count on one thing - I won't be back any time soon.

1  Thank Belt Drive Bett... C
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I've been 3 or 4 times in the last year & I've always found the food & service to be top quality! I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone who wanted a great evening of dining out. The prices are in line with the quality & quantity of the food.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Not all of us are making a lot of money, remember... a gap between the rich and the poor? This is a place that is slanted towards the very affluent in the oilfields of Alberta, and frankly, the food is a disappointment. I had the salmon, which was at a staggering amount, and it was almost raw and the pilaf was indifferently made and the vegetable hard and unimaginative. The wine list was so astronomical that we could not even bother, except a glass each of rather boring Shiraz. Not again.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I love the food, especially the appetizers at Ric's Grill! So once again, I was not disappointed. However, the service end of things is questionable. It took about 5 minutes for a hostess to come and greet me and seat me. Then it was probably another 5 minutes for the server to come. After ordering a drink...that took another 5 minutes. My meal came out in good time. When I was finished my meal, plates were taken away...and I sat, and sat..probably for 15 minutes. I finally had to catch my server's attention from across the room, and ask her to bring my bill.