“Don't go here”
Review of Ric's Grill - CLOSED

Ric's Grill
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kitty Corner to Staples
Description: Opened Jun 2010
Reviewed 19 February 2015

The service is bad,I mean real bad but on the same note they will charge 15% gratuity if you come in with five or more in a group. Food was real bland,presentation was the only good I can say about the food. Please don't go here you will be disappointed .

1  Thank LaCreteSunshine

Reviewed 6 October 2014

The food was very good. The service got slower as the the evening went on and there was a mix up in what was ordered. But they were able to accommodate the 8 of us on short notice on a Thursday night!

Reviewed 1 October 2014

We had to sit in the lounge part which was busy. Out waitress was way more interested in a table of just men. We had to continually remind her to bring water when she brought drinks. Menu is ok but for the price the food isn't worth it.

Reviewed 10 September 2014 via mobile

We went in at 6pm to a near empty restaurant. We ordered from a friendly and efficient waitress. Two of us had lobster which was undercooked. When we told the server she just shrugged and asked if we wanted dessert.
We hadn't been to Ric's Grill for several months and it'll be a very very long time before we go back. It's to bad cause the overall seating and decor is lovely but the food was horrible.
No manager showed up to our table to hear our grievances so that means management is poor too.

2  Thank mpb59
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I just came back from an absolutely disappointing meal at Ric's Grill Grande Prairie.
Our reservation was for 6:00pm, the restaurant was not yet busy.
There were five us, and we were celebrating the birthday of one of the ladies in our group.
The service started off very well.
Our waitress was polite but needed to be reminded to serve the ladies first.

After cocktails and appetizers our meals came out. I had ordered the 7 oz sirloin medium rare. It came out perfectly stone cold. The other 4 meals were nice and hot although the scallops in my husband's seafood linguine were under done (he never sends anything back).

I asked the hostess to get our waitress and expressed to the young lady that my meal was cold. She left my caesar salad with me to eat while she took the steak and vegetables back.

When she returned with my steak, the vegetables were still stone cold and the steak was now burnt on the outside and still very rare in the middle but at least it was hot. The waitress then began to lecture me that medium rare steaks are not hot in the middle. I expressed that I really didn't need a lecture on how a steak should be cooked or the temperature it should be in the middle. I also expressed that since I had only cut into the very outside of the steak that the cook's explanation did not hold much water.

As a former general manager of restaurants I found the entire "explanation" to be rude and uncalled for. I was totally put off by the fact that my vegetables were still ice cold, but since the waitress never came back to see how my meal was the second time, I was not given the opportunity to express my dismay. I left the restaurant feeling exceedingly disappointed.

For the prices that this chain charges, they should have experienced staff on the line that know how to cook a steak. After all, a steak is the mainstay of most restaurants and if you can't get a basic meal right, then something is terribly wrong.

Without a doubt, it was the absolute worst $27 steak I have had in a long time.

Ric's Grill can count on one thing - I won't be back any time soon.

1  Thank Belt Drive Bett... C