We stayed May 12th and 13th and were quite pleased. The office staff was very patient with our questions about the resort, accommodations, options, whether we could cancel our 2nd night, etc. We arrived late but were still shown several rooms to choose from. The room was very tastefully remodeled with a balcony overlooking the bay with new everything - tv, carpet, appliances and furnishings. Simply no complaints about the room whatsoever.
Even though the season hadn't opened, we were still served a full made to order breakfast. Simply no complaints about breakfast either.
Would definitely go back given the relaxing atmosphere, eager-to-please, friendly staff and all the vacation activities you could ask for readily available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Gate Resort is a 33-acre oceanfront resort surrounded on 3 sides by tidal inlet and less than 3 miles from Boothbay Harbor. The nine buildings are nestled among the majestic pines and perched on the rocky coast line of Maine. All rooms include a full breakfast, refrigerator, coffee maker, A/C, cable TV. On-site free amenities include a heated pool, canoes, kayaks, fitness room, mini-golf course, tennis and basketball court, playground, and stocked fishing pond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ocean Gate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Gate Hotel Southport
- Ocean Gate Boothbay Harbor