We stayed at the Ocean Gate in early August 2013 and had an excellent visit. Like other reviews claim, it is a short drive into downtown Boothbay Harbor which is convenient. My girlfriend and I enjoyed the fact that we were not in the middle of Boothbay and got a chance to enjoy a more "nature-centric" experience in Maine (while still having immediate access to Boothbay).
We stayed in the Pine View (we had our dog with us) and the room was fine - nothing extravagant but spacious and well kept. My parents stayed in another building and had a beautiful deck that had a great view of the water.
The pool and hot tub are a bonus and the grounds were beautifully maintained, adorned with flowers. The breakfast was only so-so but did the trick and was certainly plentiful. I also used the gym which (again) was nothing too extravagant but did the trick.
Service was excellent on all fronts - helpful, courteous and down-to-earth folks.
Overall - we enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Gate Resort is a 45-acre oceanfront resort surrounded on 3 sides by tidal inlet and less than 3 miles from Boothbay Harbor. The nine buildings are nestled among the majestic pines and perched on the rocky coast line of Maine. All rooms include a full breakfast, refrigerator, coffee maker, A/C, cable TV. On-site free amenities include a heated pool, canoes, kayaks, fitness room, mini-golf course, tennis and basketball court, playground, and stocked fishing pond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ocean Gate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Gate Hotel Southport
- Ocean Gate Boothbay Harbor