All reviewsunderground parkingnice hotelminute walkgood sizeroom was largeupgraded to a suitetown centrerocky mountaineer traincomfortable bedsmain partshort staywould stay here againstayed here for two nightshot tubstandard roompleasant staybreakfast buffet
Reviewed 11 November 2015

The hotel was overpriced for what it was. It was clean, comfortable, but not very warm and welcoming. I wasn't overly impressed by the front counter staff. Whenever I asked a question of where something was it was like I was putting them out.

The restaurant was good and I ate there most nights.

It was a bit further out of town than I thought so I had to walk a good 2km each day to get into town, but the fresh mountain air did me good.

All in all it was an ok, but not the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at. Might want to work on their customer service.

They also took money off my card as incidentals and took nearly a week to get it refunded. That affected my spending money on my holiday.

Room Tip: About a 2km walk from town
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle P
Brian_Higginson, Manager at Chateau Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2015

Dear Michelle P,
I am glad you enjoyed the room and your meals at the Silverwater Grill. I am sorry that your interaction with our front desk was not up to our normal standards. I have reviewed this comment with all our employees to show them the importance of a welcoming smile and attitude at all times.
For guests who pay with a credit card we do put a hold on to cover any incidental expenses. This hold is released upon check out however we have found out that it takes some cards and/or their issuing institution, a few days up to a week before the funds are returned to the card holder.
We are reviewing this situation to see if we can find a better solution.

Reviewed 3 November 2015

This was our first hotel on our Rocky Mountain trip and what a splendid location. It's just on the edge of town, which makes it nice and quiet, but a little walk into town for the shops and restaurants. Our room was the Royal Suite and was the largest room and bathroom we've had in 30+ years of world travels. It was so, so comfortable too.

Room Tip: The royal Suite was stupendous
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Brian_Higginson, Manager at Chateau Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2015

Dear John K,

Thank you very much for your kind review and I am glad you enjoyed your special time with us.
I will pass your comments on to Aileen and the rest of our team, they are our greatest asset and it is always nice when they are recognized by our guests.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

In town for a hockey weekend for my son and the team. We had 18 rooms booked at the hotel and and I am not sure anyone else was at the hotel. I did find for the money the team dropped at here they would be a little more welcoming. A board room sat empty all weekend and could not use. We also had to sign a waver to stay here that was strict and the manager on nights did enforce. Happy Halloween. Next time we will find a hotel that is a little more inviting for a team environment.

Stayed: October 2015
Brian_Higginson, Manager at Chateau Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2015

Dear Farmer 000000
Thank you for your review and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
We do have a waiver that we ask all sport teams to sign; unfortunately we have had some issues in the past that have required us to institute this policy. With respect to our manager enforcing our rules; this we do as we have to be respectful for all guests - including those with your hockey team as well as the other guests within the hotel. While your group may have wanted more freedom given it was Halloween; other guests may not have appreciated the noise.
We do have a banquet room that people are welcome to rent and usage can be arranged with the proper notice. While it may have not been used while you were staying with us, we still have costs involved if it is used including clean up, etc. I would suggest in the future that you inquire with the hotel in advance to set this up and I am sure they will be happy to assist you.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

We booked in advance through our tour company, we did check out the hotel web site before hand but unfortunately although the room was warm and clean our nights sleep was disturbed by the constant noise over the roof top by the air conditioning vent, my husband also wanted a hotel with a gym, although we do a lot of walking he likes to use a gym while we are away, The one in this hotel is not worth mentioning as it would be better removed and not spoken about. The Lobster next door is the same hotel chain so we went to have a look at their facilities, the lady on reception managed to get us moved over there, the manager did offer to change our room but we decided agains this.

We only felt with the reception staff here and i can say they were pleasant.

I am sure with some updating this will be a very nice place to stay.

Also worth mentioning is the underground car park - don't use it, it is scary and dark and grubby.

1  Thank stick_10
Brian_Higginson, Manager at Chateau Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2015

Dear Stick_10
Thank you for your review. I am sorry for the issues you encountered here and I am glad we were able to accommodate you at our Lobstick Lodge. We were able to fix the constant noise you described.
Our exercise area, while small, does serve the basic needs, however we do have larger exercise areas at three of our other properties, the Lobstick Lodge, The Crimson Jasper and Pyramid Lake Resort.
We are in the process of changing all our beds and updating our bedding and this project will be completed in the new year.
We have also done some upgrades in the parkade so it is more welcoming for guests who choose to use this amenity.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

I had to leave a review after my great experience with Chateau Jasper.

I booked short-notice for a romantic getaway, and the only rooms available were standard 2-double bed rooms. I left a comment on my Expedia booking asking if it was possible to get a King bed instead, but I had low expectations.

I was extremely surprised when we checked in, as I found out we'd been given a free upgrade to a king bed SUITE. It really made the whole weekend for us, it was great. Shout out to Aileen for being the most pleasant and helpful hotel staff member I've had the pleasure to deal with :)

Now for the review of the hotel itself: Good location (less than 10min walk to downtown Jasper), room was excellent. Clean, newly furnished, well-stocked. Incredible bathroom (his&hers sinks, giant rain shower, big 2-person soaker tub, mood lighting). The pool and hotub are nice, and the panoramic windows around the pool area add to the ambience.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

1  Thank John K