All reviews pines restaurant hot tub gas fireplace the upper level whistler suite minute drive jasper townsite hiking trails surrounding mountains beautiful setting on site restaurant queen bed quiet location black beans coffee maker canadian rockies canoe
Reviewed 30 May 2018

The room was functional with a small refrigerator, microwave and a stove, with utensils. It was not cold enough to use, but the room has a gas fireplace also. We stopped in town and stocked up on snacks and drinks before our drive up to the resort. Its about a ten minute drive up. I wouldn't suggest its walkable, or at least not for this fifty year old. We stayed in room # 63, It had GREAT views. We sat out front, and enjoyed seeing a family of deer each morning and evening come and eat the grass around our room. There are many trails all around the resort, the front office has a list of the trails around. The only negative on the room I have is that there is not a air conditioner. There is a restaurant on site, but we did not eat there. I noticed towards the evening we got a few mosquito bites, so I would suggest bringing bug spray. All in all I say it would be hard to beat the views from the resort, I would definitely prefer this to just staying in town. Have fun!!!

Room tip: Best views around
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at Pyramid Lake Resort for two nights in a Pyramid room. The resort is set on the shores of Payramid Lake, with absolutely stunning views from the veranda of the restaurant. Staff were friendly and helpful. Wifi is free, but very slow.

Our room was nice, but could do with a refurbishment in terms of the dated decor. The room had a private balcony that was nevertheless described as shared on the website because each Pyramid lodge consists of multiple rooms under one roof. We certainly felt private enough on our balcony. The bathroom was ample of not big. A coin operated laundry facility was welcome after a week on the road.

The restaurant is large, but with a limited menu. We both had a burger, which was excellent. There is no separate bar area, but staff are happy to serve drinks on the veranda, sofas in the main restaurant and bar stools overlooking the kitchen. Perhaps the restaurant gets very full during high season, but we felt that a bar area away from dinner would be helpful.

Overall Pyramid Lake Lodge offers good value for money accommodation of a decent enough standard in a breathtaking setting.

2  Thank Nunneylocal
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Very enjoyable stay at Pyramid Lake Resort. Friendly, accommodating staff. Bike and boat rentals. Several trails pick up bear resort. Restaurant on site. Each room has a view! Perfect for couples or families. We wish we could’ve stayed longer!!

1  Thank Abigail B
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

More of a functional place, but it met our needs. When we visited the entire area was very hazy/smoky due to forest fires and the weather wasn’t particularly hot - perhaps the lake comes to life in different weather with people swimming, etc. The room was comfortable and I even tried out the gym which was basic but the equipment worked. The hot tub area wasn’t policed as far as I could tell and so you had people totally monopolising it for an hour at a time, almost having a frat party there which was annoying, there were maybe ten people in the one group - I can’t remember if that was ok with the hotel’s policy or not but made it a no-go for long periods of time. We had an enjoyable three nights here but it didn’t stand out as ‘extra special’.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

When we arrived we are welcome by family of wild dear. That is awesome. And the lake is so spectacular.
We took rooms with 1 bedroom and a loft. The loft is specious with a queen bed. However there is no toilet at the loft. The toilet is at the main level.
The kitchen is good with stove, microwave oven and basic cutleries. The view from our room overlooking the lake and sooo spectacular.

Date of stay: August 2017